Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wings Financial CU $5,000 Platinum Visa

tag
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

Wings Financial CU $5,000 Platinum Visa

Thought i'd make a post as there's not much info on this credit union. Applied for membership, hard pull on EX. Applied for the Visa Signature cashback card, went to pending. I get a credit monitoring notification that they tried to pull my EX again but it was blocked because I froze it immediately after being approved for membership. I get a call from an underwriter, they need to pull my credit again because they don't use the same pull. I unfreeze it and she pulls it, asks for 2 most recent paystubs. I send them and once she verified my income had me e-sign some documents. I ended up being approved for a $5,000 SL on their platinum card even though I applied for the Signature. Don't know why I didn't get the Signature Visa as I still got the minimum SL. Haven't been told my APR yet. The loan doc said EX fico version 2 was pulled at 691. About 6 recent inquiries on my file, around 18 total I think. 24% util. AAoA 1 year, 2 months. Oldest account 2 years 2 months.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Wings Financial CU $5,000 Platinum Visa

YOU...

Awesome Congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Wings Financial CU Platinum Visa approval, the AWESOME SL, and Thanks for the DPs!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 12
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval and nice SL! Smiley Very Happy

waytogo.jpg

There is a thread about which lenders pull which bureaus. (See link below.)  The OP () updates the initial posting table.  I'm sure the community would appreciate a posting there for updates on Wings CU as there is no data for it posted. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 3 of 12
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Congratulations!Congratulations!

Nice!

AU

Message 4 of 12
AlpedHuez
Contributor

Congrats, that's a solid card. No FTF and it has EMV and contactless to boot too, don't see many CUs that offer that at the moment. 

Message 5 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

7bff8670a655a8d11963a74b6defc0c1.gif

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and joining Wings Financial Credit Union! Smiley Happy

In Minnesota there are no outstanding credit unions. When reading around the forum the best I could rate them is 'meh' with the exception of Wings.

Even considered them. After reading what you did to qualify with two hard inquiries and did not get a Visa Signature for your efforts, I will forget it. Thanks for posting and opening the door on Minnesota CUs.

Message 7 of 12
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

I dont think that's a fair observation about this CU. There are plenty of 'outstanding' credit unions who HP you for everything under the sun. I dont blame them for having high credit standards for their visa signature. I appreciate them for approving me with 6 new inquiries in the past couple weeks and with a $5,000 CL, when Alliant and First Tech had denied me. I dont have enough experience with the CU to rate them yet.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and thanks for the DPs!!
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnimatorProcrastinator wrote:
I dont think that's a fair observation about this CU. There are plenty of 'outstanding' credit unions who HP you for everything under the sun. I dont blame them for having high credit standards for their visa signature. I appreciate them for approving me with 6 new inquiries in the past couple weeks and with a $5,000 CL, when Alliant and First Tech had denied me. I dont have enough experience with the CU to rate them yet.

In truth, many posters have reported that the CUs do obtain HPs for many of their services and Wings is likely not pulling anymore inquiries than the others. They are a top shelf credit union and are on my potential list as well.

Also, I do not have CUs at the moment (have had them in the past and liked them but moved out of their service territory) and am not used to HP inquiries as such, thus the basis for my comment which was not intended to reflect on the credit union. They do have good products and their cards offer a lot.

However, I will note that was the basis of the comment but not to reflect on the credit union.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.