cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo Walmart!!!

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo Walmart!!!

Congrats!  It'll will grow with you. Make sure you get you CLI every four months.  Once your overall credit profile makes improvement call and talk to an underwriter to get a big jump.  The monthly FICO will be a big help to track your improvements. 

Message 11 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

Wow,

I don't even know what to say. I app'd for this card just for the free TU score. I app'd for it, got the 7-10 day message. I called the backdoor number I found here, spoke to a very nice lady who sent me a code via text message to my phone for proving my identity, 2min later, approved with a $500 CL.

I'm done for a year.

Thanks everyone for all the help and encouragement.

Smiley Very Happy

CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 24
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats.
Message 13 of 24
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval OP. I just got my Walmart Card today after they denied 6 months ago, and boy does it feel good and look pretty. I wish you would've asked for a recon on the credit limit you got approved before you got the card/activated it. 

I was approved for a $500 CL, but I reconned the day of "approval" and requested an increase to 1.5k. They didn't ask why, they just put me on hold for two minute and came back with the approval of the CLI. I probably could've asked for even more but 3x limit increase is generous enough IMO. It's possible you could try to do the same now, even post-activation. If they ask you why or you feel compelled to give an explanation, just say that you plan on making a large purchase for some appliances or something along those lines for your new home. I'm sure you'll get it. No HP either, it's SP all the way. Enjoy the free TU score, I know I will.

Here are some backdoor numbers for "Walmart":

Wal-Mart Underwriting: 877-294-7548; 877-294-8770, 1-866-419-4096,

1-877-294-7880 (reported to be the best number)

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval
Message 15 of 24
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You rock madman!
Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 24
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats!! That card will grow nicely!!!  Cat Very Happy

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 17 of 24
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats! Enjoy your free monthly Fico score. Smiley Happy

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 18 of 24
animejones

I fell out of the garden today for the Walmart card. I just got disgusted with them not giving my hubby an increase. Im joint on his account and it's been stuck at $400 since November 2011. Yes he's got some credit issues that we are working on but come on Wally! Anyway I always check the forums before applying to get some positive mojo and low and behold I got an instant approval with a $900 limit!!! I was shocked!!!

After reading Warjar101's post, I decided to try out the CLI upon approval. And guess what??? 2K Baby!!!! I called the last number Warjar101 posted as the best number to call!

So we plan to sock drawer his Walmart account cards and just use mine. Hubby calls me a credit card bully. LOL Oh so happyHappy Smiley Happy

Target Red Card $200, Gettington $400, BBRZMC $500, Victoria's Secret $500, Kevin's Jewelers $520, "R"UsMC $800, Union Bank MC $1200, Discover it $1500, Amazon.com Visa Rewards $500

Message 19 of 24
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madmann is on a roll today!  CONGRATS!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.