Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worlds local bank becomes local to my wallet

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Worlds local bank becomes local to my wallet

So I was steaming from my ears at AOD Federal Credit Union for denying me for a card...twice over minor paperwork technicalities. Since fixing the errors would take 6-7 months after the government reopens to fix that means the 3% back card will take some time to get from them. So I still want a 3% back all catagory card bu for now have to go with someone else. After searching for months since I want to be able to use Plastiq(Not allowed by Allient CU) I finally remembered the logo on the side of jet bridges world wide, HSBC Bank. Pulling up their US site I found the HSBC Cash Rewards with 1.5% back normally but doubled for the first $10,000 in the initial year. Now that was perfect since I have plenty of category cards to keep the dollar amount sane. Well next I found that they have a prequal on their site that I can fill out and find out. Did that and the first match was the HSBC Gold Mastercard, bummer. As my heart sank for a second I continued scrolling for hope and the next card was the...HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard, the one I wanted. I then filled out the main application via the preapproval suffering from spinning loaders after every page. Eventially I came to the final page with approval info.

Type: Instant

SL: $9,500

APR: 18.99% Variable

FICO 8: 7xx

HP Reporting Agency: Equifax

HP Reported: 2/2/2

Utilization: 5%

On Time Payments: 100%

AoOA: 10yr, 8mo

AAoA: 5yr

I have always liked the logo and it is nice to finally have them in my corner. I just wish it was for longer as after a year or so it will be thrown out. Oh well at least I can say I bank at HSBC at one time.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worlds local bank becomes local to my wallet

Congratulations! Nice SL!!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM! Nice approval! CONGRATS! Nice SL, too!

Message 3 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the HSBC card and the very good SL out of a conservative bank Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your HSBC Cash Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

congrats decent SL for HSBC

Message 6 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 7 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 8 of 14
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats. Nice SL 🤑

Message 9 of 14
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on the HSBC card and the very good SL out of a conservative bank Smiley Happy

Conservative? I do not see it. They look liberal to me. The application was quite a breeze. Just a lot of spinning loading animations that almost made me loose my mind. I do know I make any bank drool with my conservative money management so that might make them happy.

All the congratulations are appreciated.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.