cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow... AMEX Platinum is on it's way... can't believe it!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow... AMEX Platinum is on it's way... can't believe it!!

So I have been rebuilding since 2013 but have made huge strides in just the last 5-6 months thanks to the wealth of knowledge at my disposal on MyFico.  So today I was able to add another great card to my lineup.  I decided to apply for the Amex Platinum charge card due to the great perks and travel benefits. It stinks that I missed out on the 100k MR offer but since I have some trips coming up soon I decided to settle for the standard bonus of 40k MR after you spend $3k in three months. 

I did not receive an automatic approval.  I received a message stating that my application is under review and I would hear from them in 14 days.  Since it was not an automatic denial I figured the odds were in my favor.  I called 866.314.0237 and the representative said that they would need to verify it was in fact me that submitted the application. I confirmed that I did apply and then the CSR was able to finish processing my application.  

So the card will be sent via 2-day air and I can't wait to get it!! So now I am back in the garden.  

Thanks again to everyone here on MyFico who has provided so much advice and insight.  If it wasn't for this forum, I would still just have to two credit cards - a secured $800 CL Cap1 and a Platinum BoA Visa with a CL of $400.  

I now have $65k of credit and I am looking forward to gardening and growing the limits on the cards that I currently have.  

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow... AMEX Platinum is on it's way... can't believe it!!

Congrats on your approval!
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats!!! Tweenies!!! I'm also getting mine in 2 days!!! Woot!
Message 3 of 20
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have been rebuilding since 2013 but have made huge strides in just the last 5-6 months thanks to the wealth of knowledge at my disposal on MyFico.  So today I was able to add another great card to my lineup.  I decided to apply for the Amex Platinum charge card due to the great perks and travel benefits. It stinks that I missed out on the 100k MR offer but since I have some trips coming up soon I decided to settle for the standard bonus of 40k MR after you spend $3k in three months. 

I did not receive an automatic approval.  I received a message stating that my application is under review and I would hear from them in 14 days.  Since it was not an automatic denial I figured the odds were in my favor.  I called 866.314.0237 and the representative said that they would need to verify it was in fact me that submitted the application. I confirmed that I did apply and then the CSR was able to finish processing my application.  

So the card will be sent via 2-day air and I can't wait to get it!! So now I am back in the garden.  

Thanks again to everyone here on MyFico who has provided so much advice and insight.  If it wasn't for this forum, I would still just have to two credit cards - a secured $800 CL Cap1 and a Platinum BoA Visa with a CL of $400.  

I now have $65k of credit and I am looking forward to gardening and growing the limits on the cards that I currently have.  

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 20
wantmoremoney
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! Way to go!!

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 7 of 20
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Good work!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! Platinum is a really great perks card if you can make use of everything it offers.

It's not really for using to buy things, but definitely can be worth the AF if you travel a bit.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting a nice card!!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.