Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, Target.

tag
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Wow, Target.

After six years, they've randomly decided to increase my limit from $400 to $700. lolll 

My credit has been through heck and back in that time and I have recently had the impression that they wouldn't bother giving me any increases until I was close to 740 and that's about where I am now. I'm just happy to see I haven't been forgotten, haha.

Update 1/12/20

They increased my limit again, to $1100 now. I only use the card for groceries - ballpark $400/m - and pay off before due date. My scores haven't changed much, a couple points down from holiday gift buying balances.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wow, Target.

Congrats!!!

Message 2 of 23
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

$50.00 a year increase...that could tax

one's patience :-) Good to you for hanging

in there...only gets better!

Enjoy your success,

Cheers

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Target increase!

Message 4 of 23
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase!!
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Looks like Target is giving a lot of luv right now!
Message 7 of 23
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Kudos. 

How many times have you updated your income statement on line?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Like @BallBounces said, are you updating your income? Do it at least monthly if you aren’t. Many of us have had years with no increases, and then suddenly got one like you did. From there we started getting regular increases every few months. Maybe you’re on the train now Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 23
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I‘ve been updating my income fairly regularly this year. I might have last updated it a month or two ago. I also started using the credit card over the debit card more regularly in the past couple of months.

I really think my credit score had more to do with the increase. But hopefully, either way, I’m on the auto-CLI train now.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.