cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, what an approval! (NFCU +data points)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, what an approval! (NFCU +data points)

Sooo... I applied  for membership at NFCU about a month ago, and called yesterday to fund my savings account.  I was not planning to app for anything until after my car loan, but I could not resist. (I can drag a few more months out of my Subi...) and apped for cashRewards around 8pm. I got the 24 hour review message. 

About 3 hours later, I got a message - I was approved at 13.4% interest for $22,100, 

This is unbelievable. They pulled TU which was at 651.  I have a long history (oldest accout 13 or 16 years, depending on the bureau), AAoA is 3y 3m, 5 inq, 14% uti. I have a really dirty file - still have multiple 120 day lates from 2012/2013, and the last 2 years I have paid everything on time except for once - that late was 3 months ago. My income is about 65,000. My scores have increased over 100 points since January.

Why on earth would they give me a SL of $22,100? It's just  crazy. How could they possibly want me to have access to that much credit? Not that I'm complaining, but wiith my demographics I am shocked.

ETA - I have 3 other cards - limits are much lower!  Citi DC $1500, Cap One quicksilver (PCed from Journey) $2700, and Discover IT $2400.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Wow, what an approval! (NFCU +data points)

@Anonymous wrote:

Sooo... I applied  for membership at NFCU about a month ago, and called yesterday to fund my savings account.  I was not planning to app for anything until after my car loan, but I could not resist. (I can drag a few more months out of my Subi...) and apped for cashRewards around 8pm. I got the 24 hour review message. 

About 3 hours later, I got a message - I was approved at 13.4% interest for $22,100, 

This is unbelievable. They pulled TU which was at 651.  I have a long history (oldest accout 13 or 16 years, depending on the bureau), AAoA is 3y 3m, 5 inq, 14% uti. I have a really dirty file - still have multiple 120 day lates from 2012/2013, and the last 2 years I have paid everything on time except for once - that late was 3 months ago. My income is about 65,000. My scores have increased over 100 points since January.

Why on earth would they give me a SL of $22,100? It's just  crazy. How could they possibly want me to have access to that much credit? Not that I'm complaining, but wiith my demographics I am shocked.

Be happy ... I got approved a couple of weeks ago and got a SL of $23.500 with a slighly higher APR (I PIF so it doesn't matter) and my TU is 786 right now. Don't fight the beast Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that is an awesome SL super congrats on your sweet approval JJC37!!! 😉
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy - I certainly won't! Smiley Very Happy But I still think it's weird.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, GIJ!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks CharlieFT! 

I'm still in shock.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! That's a great Navy approval. They are a terrific CU to work with
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tigers! They must like something about my file but I cannot for the life of me imagine what that might be.

Maybe they love teachers. Smiley Happy We can always use some love.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just apped for NFCU cashRewards...

Congratz ! ! !

on the Quick Approval & Impressive starting credit line with Navy!

Best Wishes ! ! !

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the approval 4 hours later for $22,100Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.