Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 Approval! 29K

tag
TruFlavor
Valued Member

X1 Approval! 29K

I finally got the invite for X1 card yesterday. I applied and got approved for 29K. I think I'm getting greedy because I thought it would be much higher. I have my money in various bank accounts and decided to use Chase through the verification process since I read there were some issues verifying from a couple others I use. I wonder if I would have gotten a higher SL had I moved more money into this account. It's been a while since I read up on the card and can't remember what they use for approvals. I saw some members saying they got approved and needed income verification. I didn't have to submit any proof of income just had to connect to one of my bank accounts. Is this what's being referred to as proof of income? I used a solid income during app process (actually less) is this why I may not have had to verify income? Through the app process it did say my limit would grow. Does anyone know how quickly we can recon or ask for higher SL. Is it a soft pull?  I am happy with the 29K but you know we always want more. Won't push too hard since I just got a new auto loan and new credit card with the financing credit union and a few cards in last 6-7 months so my score dipped slightly under 800 on 2 bureaus with 824 on the other. Any insight would be appreciated! 

4B0EF0D8-2D4E-41F8-820E-F192E2B1C92D.jpeg

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Re: X1 Approval! 29K

Congrats on your X1 approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 2 of 20
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's great!!  Congratulations on your X1 approval!!!🎉🍾🥂

Message 3 of 20
practical1
Regular Contributor

@TruFlavor 

Another one with the odd 29K!  My experience mirrors yours -- there seem to be quite a few posters who received 29K from X1.    Some higher, some lower -- no clear rhyme or reason or discernable pattern to it.  Like you, I was expecting a higher limit as I already had other cards in that same range and X1 promised much more....

From what other threads indicate, don't hold your breath for a CLI anytime soon.  Other posters have indicated that they don't seem to respond favorably to such requests and are very vague about when, how and whether there will be any automatic increases, their messaging notwithstanding.  

Message 4 of 20
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your X1 Visa approval

Message 5 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your X1 approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 20
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

🍻 Smoking approval! 💫
Message 7 of 20
02cdjohn
Valued Member

congrats to you!

Message 8 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your X1 Approval!

Message 9 of 20
TruFlavor
Valued Member

Thank you! Was surprised to see the invite finally come in. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.