cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE

KingRue8500
Valued Contributor

Re: X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE

Congrats on your X1 Visa approval



Message 11 of 23
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE

This is a new one for sure....I've heard of people racking up charges and then having an issue as suspected rewards fraud...but even then...it wasn't fraud..it was using their bonus categories.  Hope this works out in the end....

Message 12 of 23
DaWhole9
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE

Congrats on the approval!  Not new for X1...the first few weeks they monitor for fraud.  The OP made a first purchase of $3500 the day after approval.  Thats a red flag to them.  If he used it a few times and then tried $3500 a feew weeks later it would have been appproved.  I have been using mine for 6 months...large charges, no issues.  

Message 13 of 23
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE

Congratulations on your X1 approval! I find this interesting since I think it's common on here to run large purchases on new cards in order to hit a SUB and I have had the opposite experience with my large purchases with other lenders. I got a CSP in May with a $7800 limit. I ran a $3K tuition charge through it right after I received the card in the mail and it went through without a hitch. I will note that Chase held my first payment (PIF) for a few extra days before freeing up my available credit in this instance.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

            
Current FICO 8 | 9:  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24 M):  
Banks & CUs:                           Goal Cards:
                
Message 14 of 23
Stealth-1
Frequent Contributor

Re: X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE

Congrats on the X1 approval. 👍

👎 on the declined transaction. Sorry you went through that. Unless there was a temp limit they never told you about, it never should have happened.




"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 15 of 23
Stealth-1
Frequent Contributor

Re: X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE


@AI_JMV wrote:

Can you imagine trying to use this after a dinner with clients etc? And get declined LOL  


If I'm ever in those situations I always make sure to have at least 3 of my best and highest limit cards on me as backup, haha. Just having 1 card on you in those situations is rolling the dice for a bad outcome. 




"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 16 of 23
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE


@Stealth-1 wrote:

@AI_JMV wrote:

Can you imagine trying to use this after a dinner with clients etc? And get declined LOL  


If I'm ever in those situations I always make sure to have at least 3 of my best and highest limit cards on me as backup, haha. Just having 1 card on you in those situations is rolling the dice for a bad outcome.


Do you actually think I only have one card? The point is, the damage would be done the second the first one declined. That's just humiliating and I would NEVER risk that happening after this incident. 

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 17 of 23
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE

Monitoring for fraud is not the same thing as declining a charge bc they feel like it. I have never experienced such heresy. This card is getting socked. 👎🏼 


@DaWhole9 wrote:

Congrats on the approval!  Not new for X1...the first few weeks they monitor for fraud.  The OP made a first purchase of $3500 the day after approval.  Thats a red flag to them.  If he used it a few times and then tried $3500 a feew weeks later it would have been appproved.  I have been using mine for 6 months...large charges, no issues.  


 

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 18 of 23
Stealth-1
Frequent Contributor

Re: X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE


@AI_JMV wrote:

@Stealth-1 wrote:

@AI_JMV wrote:

Can you imagine trying to use this after a dinner with clients etc? And get declined LOL  


If I'm ever in those situations I always make sure to have at least 3 of my best and highest limit cards on me as backup, haha. Just having 1 card on you in those situations is rolling the dice for a bad outcome.


Do you actually think I only have one card? The point is, the damage would be done the second the first one declined. That's just humiliating and I would NEVER risk that happening after this incident. 


Nope, I don't think that at all and sorry if that was implied. At the end of your post I actually thought your question was for a hypothetical situation as a worst case scenario, and not one you actually experienced 👎. I thought you hadn't received the physical card yet and was declined in a more subtle way. So my post was in response to what I thought was a hypothetical situation...and what I do to prevent. Knowing some cards can be fickle, I use extra precautions and out of those cards, I'd then pick one of them to use to prevent an initial decline. I got your point and agree 100%. 




"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 19 of 23

Re: X1 Approved - BUT BEWARE

Congrats on the card approval. Sorry to hear what happened.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.