Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 Visa approval! No HP for me!

tag
SaintMortichai
Contributor

X1 Visa approval! No HP for me!

So even though I was gardening since my last approval, when the X1 Visa was no longer on the waitlist, I wondered if I would have a better chance with them. I had received my email to apply when I was on the waitlist, but I didn't have any decent funds in my bank accounts at that time. I had recently gotten paid and linked my banks to see what happened. All of my three credit bureaus were frozen at the time of applying. I was pre-approved for $5,000 which I know is the absolutely bare minimum for a card that's supposed to issue insanely high limits. I wasn't worried about the limit. It will grow in time. I was pleased that I was approved, especially after all the HPs and credit cards I've acquired in the last 12 months. I took the offer and received my card today. Looking forward to using it at Nike and American Eagle, primarily.

Wondering if anyone else has managed to get approved for the card without an HP since the waitlist removal. If so, I'd love to know!

Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards: $6,000 | Capital One Quicksilver WEMC: $6,500 | Comenity GameStop PowerUp Rewards: $2,800 | Rooms to Go: $250 | Best Buy Citi Visa: $2,800 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa: $3,400 | Target RedCard: $2,500 | Chase Freedom Flex: $3,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited: $25,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $7,500 | Elan Max Cash Preferred: $2,000 | PayPal Cashback MasterCard: $9,000 | Venmo Visa: $700 | SoFi: $3,500 | American Express Blue Cash Everyday: $1,000 | X1 Visa Signature: $5,000

AU cards - Discover IT: $14,000 | Southwest Rapid Rewards: $8,500 | BoA Customized Cash Rewards WEMC: $16,000 | BoA Customized Cash Rewards Visa: $10,000 | Home Depot: $14,500 | Citi Custom Cash: $5,300 | Discover It: $2,500 | Capital One Savor One: $500

Cards I Want: American Express Blue Business Cash, American Express Blue Cash Preferred, Capital One Savor One, Capital One Venture X, Capital One Walmart Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, Synovus Cash Rewards

OFFICIALLY GARDENING UNTIL SUMMER 2024! Start date: 9.17.22
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: X1 Visa approval! No HP for me!

Congrats on your X1 Visa approval

Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approval overall..

With that said it still baffles me why people freeze CRA's or all of them in your case and hope for an approval which somehow you got, not sure how, but you obtained.  a HP isn't the end of the world and indeed you are seeking credit thus a HP should be had so other lenders can see it.  Please don't take this post the wrong way, but HP's are way to worried about and also skirting on the TOS of the forum although not crossing them in your case. 

If you want a card open them all up and go for it, if your profile supports it you will get what you have applied for.

Enjoy the new card.

Message 3 of 10
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 10
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval. 🍻

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 5 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 10
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your X1 Visa approval . . . I was approved but with a HP . . . enjoy!!! Smiley Wink

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 7 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Approval 🎉

Message 8 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your X1 Card Approval! 🥂🤑👍

Message 9 of 10
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your X1 approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.