cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YES, YES, YES, PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE APPROVED!!After recon, No longer an Egyptian

tag
datrucking210
Established Contributor

YES, YES, YES, PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE APPROVED!!After recon, No longer an Egyptian

OMG, So on Sunday I took the plunged an apped for this card and I immediately received a denial. Should've known better but I don't. From my last app back in March they cited something along the lines of pyramiding debt, BK, length of time on accounts, too many inquiries. So what could've changed in two months.

Well the denial letter no longer mentioned the pyramiding thing, it only listed the BK, time of accounts, and inquiries. So I decided to send them a message to reconsider my app. I wrote that yes I had filed for BK in 2008 due to losing my job. Til that point I had been charging the couple cc's I had without knowing the reprecussions it would have on my credit. Best option at that time was to file but it still haunts me with some lenders that pull EQ since it's the only bureau it's showing, wish PenFed would pull TU. At that time I was only 22 years of age. The other two go hand in hand. I was trying to rebuild at a fast pace instead of sprinting. Soon the approvals kept coming and the inquiries started racking up dropping my AAOA with new accounts showing up. My oldest account is our home mortgage account over 10 years, closed escrow before my 20th birthday. So with all I had gone through I had a better understanding how important is my credit is.

Well, about 40 minutes ago I received a call from a 541 area code number, Eugene, OR more spefically. She identify herself as Penfed employee and asked me about my income and she said I'm going to approved you for the minimum on this card, 5k. I said what???? I felt like my heart skipped a beat or two, she said yes you are approved, congratulations. Onilne the status went from decline to Pending, being reviewed by loan officer.

I think that's it for me no more apping for years to come. Hopefully by then Chase will give the Freedom's and CSP, Discover gives me the it card, and Citi hands me over the DC.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YES, YES, YES, PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE APPROVED!!After recon, No longer an Egypti

Congrats!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YES, YES, YES, PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE APPROVED!!After recon, No longer an Egypti

Congratulations!!

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats I was just declined after recon.  Would you mind sharing how many Inquiries and New Accounts you have had in the last 12 months.

Any other pertinant data would be appreciated as well.  Do you know what your NextGen FICO is?

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 19
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 6 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

BAM!! Rock on datrucking! Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 19
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone!

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 8 of 19
datrucking210
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats I was just declined after recon.  Would you mind sharing how many Inquiries and New Accounts you have had in the last 12 months.

Any other pertinant data would be appreciated as well.  Do you know what your NextGen FICO is?

In the last 12 months is 20+ new accounts and 24 inquiries. 657 Next gen score based on denial letter.

AU:
Message 9 of 19
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the outstanding success!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.