cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YES, YES, YES, PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE APPROVED!!After recon, No longer an Egyptian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YES, YES, YES, PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE APPROVED!!After recon, No longer an Egypti

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: YES, YES, YES, PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE APPROVED!!After recon, No longer an Egypti

Congrats!!
Message 12 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done!

Message 13 of 19
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Ok the weirdest thing happened.

So after posting this I logged into my PenFed account only to find out that the decision had been unchanged. I called the number back but I couldn't remember the name of the loan officer. The gentleman was seeing the same info I was seeing and he just told me it was probably overturned and declined and nothing he could do. I just couldn't believe it. How can they tell me one minute congrats and the next, sorry we take it back.

Almost heartbroken and down but not out, I decided to write them a message on facebook of what had transpired and how upset I was. They responded in less than two hours that someone would contact me shortly. At 4:57 cst I get a call from a 402 area code and it's the Director of Operations. She apologized and said she would overturned the unchanged decision to approved because somehow she was seeing that it was ok'd by the loan officer. Told me to check my account online and I would now see it. I'm glad Penfed was able to resolve this hiccup and can't wait to built a relationship and hopefully they can finance our next vehicle.

photo penfed unchaged_zpsdzja5ftq.png

photo penfed_zpsgxo35sb3.png

photo penfed approved_zpsxxy5x1is.png

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 14 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

20 new accounts and 24 inqs in 12 months? Garden time for you buddy!! Awesome recon! Glad it all worked out!!
Message 15 of 19
datrucking210
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
20 new accounts and 24 inqs in 12 months? Garden time for you buddy!! Awesome recon! Glad it all worked out!!

Yes have to get in the garden somehow.Smiley Wink

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 16 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me get this straight, You "Outed" them on Facebook?

Am I reading your comments correctly?

* no, wait, you sent a Message to them on Facebook.

which would mean to me as a recipient, that the next step in escalation is an actual Facebook post.

* Speaking about going Viral, does the CDC have a credit union?

Myself, I would have provided them a bit more time (based on your OP date time stamp) and choose another route to positive conclusion than the medium you chose as a venue  to get their attention.

* Just lQQking at things from a longterm perspective

from a person who would LOVE them to continue bestowing upon me other forms of credit & credit increases.

Just Thinking outloud.     NO reply is necessary

@datrucking210 wrote:

Ok the weirdest thing happened.

So after posting this I logged into my PenFed account only to find out that the decision had been unchanged. I called the number back but I couldn't remember the name of the loan officer. The gentleman was seeing the same info I was seeing and he just told me it was probably overturned and declined and nothing he could do. I just couldn't believe it. How can they tell me one minute congrats and the next, sorry we take it back.

Almost heartbroken and down but not out, I decided to write them a message on  facebook  of what had transpired and how upset I was. They responded in less than two hours that someone would contact me shortly. At 4:57 cst I get a call from a 402 area code and it's the Director of Operations. She apologized and said she would overturned the unchanged decision to approved because somehow she was seeing that it was ok'd by the loan officer. Told me to check my account online and I would now see it. I'm glad Penfed was able to resolve this hiccup and can't wait to built a relationship and hopefully they can finance our next vehicle.

Message 18 of 19
datrucking210
Established Contributor

@Sebastian503Sebastian503 wrote:

Let me get this straight, You "Outed" them on FacebookFacebook?

Am I reading your comments correctly?

* no, wait, you sent a Message to them on FacebookFacebook.

which would mean to me as a recipient, that the next step in escalation is an actual FacebookFacebook post.

* Speaking about going Viral, does the CDC have a credit union?

Myself, I would have provided them a bit more time (based on your OP date time stamp) and choose another route to positive conclusion than the medium you chose as a venue  to get their attention.

* Just QQking at things from a longtermlongterm perspective

from a person who would LOVE them to continue bestowing upon me other forms of credit & credit increases.

Just Thinking outloudoutloud.     NO reply is necessary

@datrucking210datrucking210 wrote:

OkOk the weirdest thing happened.

So after posting this I logged into my PenFedPenFed account only to find out that the decision had been unchanged. I called the number back but I couldn't remember the name of the loan officer. The gentleman was seeing the same info I was seeing and he just told me it was probably overturned and declined and nothing he could do. I just couldn't believe it. How can they tell me one minute congrats and the next, sorry we take it back.

Almost heartbroken and down but not out, I decided to write them a message on  facebookfacebook  of what had transpired and how upset I was. They responded in less than two hours that someone would contact me shortly. At 4:57 cstcst I get a call from a 402 area code and it's the Director of Operations. She apologized and said she would overturned the unchanged decision to approved because somehow she was seeing that it was ok'd by the loan officer. Told me to check my account onlineonline and I would now see it. I'm glad PenfedPenfed was able to resolve this hiccup and can't wait to built a relationship and hopefully they can finance our next vehicle.

I know you said no reply necessary but I'm going to respond. I just sent them a PM through messanger since their contact us through message takes a day, in my experience, to hear back from them. I never blasted them or cursed them out on their wall. I just wanted a straight answer as to why a loan officer would say "congrats you're approved" to the status changing to "decision unchanged". If the computer has to make the decision even after a LO has given the OK then that's all I wanted to hear. The rep that I first talked to when I tried returning the call didn't seem to have clue, he just read what he saw on the screen. The director of operations was very understanding of my concern as she was able to see what I was talking about. She told me to log into my account to see the change, I told her I needed to start up my pc and she said no problem she could wait and once I logged in bam the app status had changed. I told her thank you very much and hope I can built a strong history with them. I already took the hard pull so didn't want it to go to waste.

AU:
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.