Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay! Amex PRG App Approved!

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Yay! Amex SPG App Approved!

This is one card I could really use. Whenever I travel somehow I always end up in an SPG hotel. I got their rewards card but you'd have to stay half the year to earn 1 free night, it's rediculous.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 11 of 18
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!

I would also like to have this card one day.  When we vacation, most of the time we end up in a Starwood Resort.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

A general question.....can I assume that they have already hard pulled my account, as a member, already? I know they soft you first, but when do they do the hard pull after approval? I want to go ahead and freeze my reports so I don't apply for any more cards for a little white. However, I am afraid that if I freeze them today, they may do the hard pull later on and then decline/ask me to unfreeze.

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 13 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

Awesome!

You have their best card, in my estimation.

Message 14 of 18
LilNYC
New Contributor

Congrats! Wow, BCE successful recon & SPG approval! I've been debating whether or not to app for the SPG now or wait till Jan for max backdating. Did they give you a better CL on the SPG than the BCE? 

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 15 of 18
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Card arrived today!! So great to see that Amex is overnighting new cards to members. 

They should, however, not use UPS! They suck! 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 16 of 18
Royal_Flush
Valued Member

Re: Yay! Amex PRG App Approved!

@ccb2115 wrote:

Apped for the PRG this morning and was approved. Says they are expediting my delivery, so I should recieve it in 2-3 days. As much as I like my Zync, I knew that I would end up replacing it, so I decided to just try for the PRG now after getting approved for the BCE. Now...it is time to garden...for like 4 years. 

Edit: I meant PRG, not SPG! Sorry! I was so excited, I typed the wrong letters! 

Mind sharing your credentials and history at time of application?

Message 17 of 18
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Yay! Amex PRG App Approved!

RF, you're probably better off starting a new thread, instead of revival of an old one. Some prior posters may be MIA, or the current "level" may not be what it was six months ago.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.