cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay! Approved for BCE, Green, and PRG!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Yay! Approved for BCE, Green, and PRG!

Congrats on all your successSmiley Happy

Dont sweat the technique. You got the green, thats alright. Keep it until the first year is up and you may get an upgrade offer before you close it . Its not like you have to pay the $95 nowSmiley Wink

True story, i was bl from AX for a dime , one day i was messin around in the credit court shootin off apps like my nsme was Steph and , having unfroze my Ex to check something, i spped the Green fully expected no hp and a letter. Uhm, 10 seconds later APPROVED! LOLWUT! Never expected it but tried the ED right after and got that too! thanks to the 2 for 1 trick i learned here. Used it a couple times for gas but since i didnt need it closed it when the AF posted. I probably could have upgraded to a PRG for 40,000 Mr points but decided not to. Green eventually leads to gold lolSmiley Wink
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the reassurance averagejoe! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Awesome! But...why app for the BCE instead of BCP? BCP waives the fee in in year 1 so it's like a free upgrade for a year. Also what incentive did you have to go for the green card?

Sorry, but this is not correct. The BCP and EDP do not have their annual fee waived the first year. 

Message 13 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the Amex approvals, @Anonymous!  screamer.gif

I also started with a Green to see if I could get approved for anything with Amex... that was before I started hanging out on here and found out that the underwriting is the same on all the charge cards (Green, Gold, PRG, Platinum).  I kept the Green for the first year (since the AF is waived the first year) then I closed it out and applied for the PRG.

Since you got a Green card, there's no harm in hanging on to it until the AF hits next March; you might even be able to pick up some extra Amex Offers with it.  Smiley Happy

The BCE is a solid card as well, and don't fret not going for the BCP.  If you decide later on that the BCP wil be a better fit, simply apply for it and whatever sign-up bonus Amex is running at the time will be available to you... you haven't lost anything.  Smiley Wink

As you've seen there's often more than one way to go about things, and as long as you end up where you want to be is all that matters. 

Again, congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.