Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year End Approvals : A Tale of Summaries

tag
Lemark
Contributor

Year End Approvals : A Tale of Summaries

So, since the year was rounding up thought to share a summary of how card approval has been going so far compared to previous years. Prior to 2016 I had only 4 cards which I had used responsibly up until 2016 where I went on a major application spree. I applied for 8 Cards between July 2016 and December 2016. The first 6 went well but SL was gradually reducing till the last 2 where I got flat out denials. I called recon and challenged hard to get the Citi DC approved then tried as well with the BOA TR but this was the most difficult, had to talk with over 5 people and eventually they put note on file that the next time I called I should have it. Fast forward to 2018 and this year was much better but much trickier and took more planning. I had 3 cards initially planned as the Chase SW, Capital One QS and the Amazon PR, applied and got approved quickly for those in same day in July as 2 Year mark had come and 2016 applications were falling off report. In October I decided to add the AMEX Delta to my portfolio and realized I wanted the Chase SR (Pre-Approved) but now I was exactly at 5/24 with previous applications and the hanging BOA TR from December 2016 still lingering. I noticed a gap in November where AMEX Delta was taking while to report giving the illusion 4/24 but was tricky because systems could still count as 5/24. I called Chase and explained the situation and agent said “we use what we see online” which meant the new accounts reporting on Chase was still 4 new accounts excluding the AMEX Delta. On election night in November, I took the chance and went for it. I got the dreaded 30 day, which changed to 7 – 10 days. I left alone and didn’t make any calls. The next day I logged into Chase and saw I was approved and card was added. Since AMEX didn’t have these stipulations, I added the AMEX Gold as the final card to round of 2018 in November. It’s been an amazing year and may stay in the garden just a bit longer. Happy New Year All and thanks to community for all your guidance along the way. Cheers to more approvals in 2019!

wellsfargoamexamexamexamexamexboaboaboa
caponechasechasewellsfargoamexchasechasechasebbyciticitidsrapplecardpncwellsfargo
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Year End Approvals : A Tale of Summaries

Congratulations on your credit card journey! What's on your agenda for 2019?

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 10
Lemark
Contributor

Thanks. Possibly the AMEX Platinum and/or Capital One Venture

caponechasechasewellsfargoamexchasechasechasebbyciticitidsrapplecardpncwellsfargo
Message 3 of 10
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

Wow! Great hauls! Congrats.  Can you share some other DPs? Scores/Baddies, etc. Thanks!

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 4 of 10
Lemark
Contributor

Scores for the July application spree i.e. Chase SW, Chase Amazon and Capital One QS was about 773 across all CBs. The November application spree i.e. Chase SR as well as AMEX Gold and AMEX Delta was about 781 across all CBs. No baddies. Inqs were about 1 to 4 across all CBs. Chase pulled Ex and Eq for Chase SR , Exp for Chase SW and Eq for Chase Amazon. No pulls for any of the AMEX. I was pre-approved for AMEX Plat but will wait a bit since I'm sure they may pull this time. Util was at 26% during spree but now at 11% with all the limit changes. This also includes CLI for All BOAs around 32k increase and other minor increases from PNC and Citi with no hard pulls. Wells Fargo and BestBuy very stingy on increases. Hope thats good info!

Message 5 of 10
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

00congratulationss.gif

You had a great year!!!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you try with bestbuy? I had an $1,800 limit for 7 years, called and asked for $14,000, said I might want a new washer and dryer and boom! 💥 $14,000 approved! I’ve found with my scores similar to yours with $140k income they like to give me $14k

Message 7 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats. I'm out.

ezgif.com-optimize (16).gif

Message 8 of 10
Lemark
Contributor

That's good to know. Did they do a HP? or tell you it may or may not be a HP? That's the dilemma I have with them, one person says no HP when I call and another says always HP. Thanks for the DP

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all approvals and recent success !!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.