cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes! A goal card achieved! BCP approved this morning :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! A goal card achieved! BCP approved this morning :)

Well it worked out for me the way it seems to work for quite a few people I’ve seen here. Last week, without a preapproval, I took a flier on the Gold charge and was declined. Today I logged in and checked preapprovals as I do often out of curiosity. Clicked on the Platinum just because it came up first and I had a preapproval. Thinking “holy cow, are they finally ready to open me up to the core cards?” I have Hilton Honors base and Ascend and Delta Gold, and have only had preapprovals for the cobranded cards so far in my Amex relationship. I clicked on every card shown and was preapproved across the board.

It took exactly two seconds for me to choose BCP and sure enough, instant approval for $2000. I’m stoked - I have wanted BCE for a long time but the recent changes to BCP and the higher earnings structure (plus the larger SUB - $250 for $1k spend on BCP vs $150 on BCE) more than covers the $95 AF. And I’ll admit in a little bit of vanity, I like the look of BCE but the new BCP design is fantastic.

Very happy about this - I’ve been wanting to get a couple core cards with them. This brings me to four Amex revolvers, but in January I will fold my base Hilton card into the Ascend and close it, as that will be month 14 with that card and I don’t need two Hilton cards - one will suffice just fine. Later on I’ll probably get the Cash Magnet to replace my pseudo-Quicksilver (it’s a converted credit-steps Platinum with essentially zero growth potential), and eventually add the Gold charge. Interestingly, the Gold was not even displayed - I’m thinking it’s because I was recently declined for it.

DPs were a SP approval with a 656 EX score in my account, 30% UTI, and my most recent Amex approval was the Ascend on 3/3/2019. I’m kind of surprised to see across the board preapprovals for core Amex cards with that score on file but I’m not gonna complain Smiley Happy Between that and the Firestone card on Tuesday, I’m now done apping until the end of the year. Time to let the reports cool off.
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Yes! A goal card achieved! BCP approved this morning :)

Way to go !!

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 45
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations to you. Thanks for sharing. Gives me hope.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the BCP it is a very attractive CC with the updated earning structure and design! 

Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed completely. BCE/BCP were very solid before, but BCP is even better now and I can make very good use of the earnings it offers.
Message 5 of 45
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you!  That's a goal card for me as well!

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 6 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peazmom, keep checking those prequals Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job OP! That card's on my short list. Along with a 2% card (to replace my Cash Magnet card which is my favorite card).

Message 8 of 45
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Tried getting that earlier this week but just got CM last month so they wouldn't let me get BCP so I ended up getting Gold.  BCP is still on my list though!

Message 9 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats to you on finally snagging one of your "Dream Cards"!!

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.