Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes indeed!!

tag
dk2003
Regular Contributor

Yes indeed!!

So the wife had a public record that has given her the blues for a couple of years. After going through hoops we got it removed from all three bureaus 🤗 She has 2 c1 cards and 2 store cards (lane Bryant and Catherine's... wish they could be combined)! I make the payments faithfully as I do my own. I've worked with and babies her credit for about 2 years now.

She app'd for chase freedom unlimited and it went pending. Called today and was approved for 2k.
She felt froggy and app'd for sapphire and it went pending. Called the same number and answered the same questions and it's still pending... waiting for a letter in the mail to respond to.
App'd for Citi instant 1k
App'd BCE pending

This is absolutely amazing considering not so very long ago she couldn't get anything!

Credit karma says 🤔
Transunion 646
Equifax 645

Unsure of experian but had some things removed recently now it's clean!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yes indeed!!

That's awesome! Congrats!!!! 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, just FYI Credit Karma scores are not useful as no lenders use them

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta start somewhere... congrats!
Message 4 of 10
dk2003
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, just FYI Credit Karma scores are not useful as no lenders use them

Tydawg... right... My scores have consistently been from 24 to 40 points higher...

Message 5 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Huge congrats to you and your DW... the hard work is paying off!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's wonderful! Congratulations! Great cards!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dk2003 wrote:
So the wife had a public record that has given her the blues for a couple of years. After going through hoops we got it removed from all three bureaus 🤗 She has 2 c1 cards and 2 store cards (lane Bryant and Catherine's... wish they could be combined)! I make the payments faithfully as I do my own. I've worked with and babies her credit for about 2 years now.

She app'd for chase freedom unlimited and it went pending. Called today and was approved for 2k.
She felt froggy and app'd for sapphire and it went pending. Called the same number and answered the same questions and it's still pending... waiting for a letter in the mail to respond to.
App'd for Citi instant 1k
App'd BCE pending

This is absolutely amazing considering not so very long ago she couldn't get anything!

Credit karma says 🤔
Transunion 646
Equifax 645

Unsure of experian but had some things removed recently now it's clean!

Good Morning dk2003,

Congratulations to you and your wife!  It's always good for approvals- especially those that really benefit us.  In order to build or rebuild credit you have to obtain credit and show responsible use of it.  Having said that, I see that you mentioned you are unsure of her experian's credit score.  Well how about a free FICO 8 Experian credit score??? ;-)

To get yours, go to https://www.CreditScoreCard.com and sign up.   It is owned by Discover, and no you do not have to have a Discover card to sign up as it is available to everyone!

Once you get your scores, please do us a favor and report back here, ok?

* Special note - the site only gives you a FICO score once every 30 days.  Yes I know, I know... we all wish it was daily or weekly, but unfortunatly is not *darn*.  But it is free and it is a FICO score *woohoo* ;-)

Again, please let us know your findings and congratulations!

Message 9 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.