cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, stepped out of the garden for Home Depot..................

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, stepped out of the garden for Home Depot..................

Like always, I check once a month for pre-approvals on certain sites.  Since I'm nearing the finish line with decorating/landscaping our home, I went on the old HD pre qual site yet once again.  This time I got a pre-approval!  I know if you get a Citi pre-app, you're in with them.  Well, I got a measly 600.00 limit.  So do I take a chance and ask for more or wait 6 months and ask?  Not sure what to do with HD.  Thx  Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
glamchick
Established Contributor

Re: Yes, stepped out of the garden for Home Depot..................

Congrats!!!  Smiley Happy

Did you try calling the backdoor number and ask for a reconsideration on the credit line?   

Research these forums for the HD card and see if any others had any luck with reconsiderations.  Im not to familiar with this card.

Good luck and congrats again!!!!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 2 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Like always, I check once a month for pre-approvals on certain sites.  Since I'm nearing the finish line with decorating/landscaping our home, I went on the old HD pre qual site yet once again.  This time I got a pre-approval!  I know if you get a Citi pre-app, you're in with them.  Well, I got a measly 600.00 limit.  So do I take a chance and ask for more or wait 6 months and ask?  Not sure what to do with HD.  Thx  Smiley Wink

Congrats. With citi and Home depot time mean nothing. You will take hp no matter how long you wait. So you may as well get it now. When i got my Home Depot i started at 2k. Then asked to have it 10k. Its been there for a year. Too bad ive only spent about $70 dollars on it in the entire year.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  I will start researching as I have no idea with this card.  Woman Very Happy

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks taxi!  I sure wish I can get it to 10k.  We live in HD and Lowe's!  House stuff never seems to end!   I only have my account number right now so I should wait until I get the card or call now?

Message 5 of 16
glamchick
Established Contributor

I dont' think it would it hurt to call now.   Did you check the backdoor numbers thread to see if one is avaiable for Home Depot or Citi?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did find one.  Hope it is current.  I think I should call like I did with Lowe's.  I guess all they can say is no. 

Message 7 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks taxi!  I sure wish I can get it to 10k.  We live in HD and Lowe's!  House stuff never seems to end!   I only have my account number right now so I should wait until I get the card or call now?

Wait until you have the card in hand as they will ask you to verify everything. and they will pull EQ so if frozen unfreeze it. Tell them you want 10k and if they can't do it they will counter. But when i asked they simply said anything else you want? I said no and hung up. its been sitting there ever since. That was last may.

Message 8 of 16
glamchick
Established Contributor

Awesome Taxi!!

I would def go with Taxi's advice since he has experience with that card.

Good luck!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@glamchick wrote:

Awesome Taxi!!

I would def go with Taxi's advice since he has experience with that card.

Good luck!

I called the same day and had my CL increased to 12k on the same pull. Forum members recommended it and it worked. I started out with a little over seven hundred.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.