Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another Macy's CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet Another Macy's CLI

Have had Macy's since October and am amazed at how quickly this one has grown all with SP CLI's. CLI on the day approved from 1.2k to 3k. A couple weeks later it went from 3k to 7.5k. Mid January I asked for 11k and they approved so I probably left some money on the table. Last night was playing around with the mobile app showing DGF's mom how to submit for a CLI and for the heck of it I submitted for 16k which they approved with no counter so there's probably room to grow this further if I ever wanted to. 16k is more than enough for Macy's even though I do shop there quite a bit. 

Screenshot_20170304-230406.png

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Yet Another Macy's CLI

Nice Congrats!!!!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent! Congrats your new SL. Enjoy! Don't go too wild with the spending now, ya hear?
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Smiley Happy

So after reading that you got another increase with a SP, I decided to try my luck. APPROVED! I went from $9,000 to $15,000. I feel like I left money on the table too but $15,000 is more than enough for me. If I mess around and see a HP this week, Oh well it was worth it. 

Message 4 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!! After reading your post I also went for it (last CLI was 1/28/17). Denied on 2/27/17 but approved today. Amex went from $9500 - $10500 and store $20k - $25k. I should've requested more!
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

No! I don't need a Macy's card. :/
(It is the one store card I always question since I shop there frequently)
Message 6 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats everybody on your Macy's approval and thanks a million @TA8088 for telling us this great news. I want to hit the button so badly but I'm in the Garden, and on 3/10, I'll earn my SILVER spade (Hallejuia!), and I'd be some kind of mad if Macy's decided to make an example of me and do a HP 😂. I did get an auto-CLI of only 400 a month ago.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

That's really good progress with it.

Congratulations on that!

Message 8 of 17
ibedat74
Valued Member

I've been inspired.  Hit the button and went from $2,500 to $10,000 instantly!

Message 9 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Okay, for the life of me I could not forget about all those Macy CLIs you all were getting. So, first I checked Macy's website and found this:

To request a credit limit increase on your Macy's Credit Card or your Macy's American Express® Card, you will need to know your annual income, residential status and monthly mortgage or rent payment. Here you will provide the required information then submit your request. If your credit report is needed, you will be notified.

Even with that statement, I was still extremely hesitant so I called Macy's CS and asked. The CSR told me that she could check to see if they needed to pull a report. She came back with a "no" and asked if I still wanted to proceed. I said yes. Then she asked how much I wanted and I said $5K. She asked was that the total amount and I said yes without thinking. But that's okay, because I really don't shop that much at MACY'S. She came back with, Congratulations, it's approved. Your new credit limit is $5K -- a $3K increase. I'm happy.

So, no HP keeps me gardening with no break. I will earn my SILVER spade in only 4 more days. Again, thanks a million @TA8088 for sharing this info Smiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.