Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another $300 CLI from Discover

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Yet another $300 CLI from Discover

Discover likes to give me tiny CLI's of $300. Last time it happened, in July, I called the special recon number baller4life gave me, and they said if I wanted more they would have to do a hard pull. I said ok, in the hope that they'd give me a grownup sized CLI, and I'd wind up on a different track with these folks. So they did the hard pull, and gave me an additional $1000, and I was hoping that I was now out of the $300 rut.

I pulled the luv button yesterday, and guess what I got today Smiley Happy

I'm stuck at the kid's table in their house.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Yet another $300 CLI from Discover

Geez Discover! With your TU score, you should be getting huge clis SJ. Well every little bit counts. You'll get there. You're just taking the scenic route! 😂

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations in any case! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Geez Discover! Well every little bit counts. You'll get there. You're just taking the scenic route! 😂

You're the best Smiley Happy Thanks baller

Message 4 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations in any case! Smiley Happy

Thanks Bella Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I'm guessing behind the curtain they're looking at your additions to your collection as your last app was 3 days ago?  Take some time off the apps and it should grow a little easier I'm thinking.  Gardening does wonders with them and Amex.  Seems there might be something going on with your EQ report too if that score is accurate.  

$200+K in combined limits with cards that have potential to grow with CLI's to 30-50K/card should put you at ~$500K in a year or two if you stop apping and just grow them every 6-12 mo's 

Message 6 of 17
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Discover likes to give me tiny CLI's of $300. Last time it happened, in July, I called the special recon number baller4life gave me, and they said if I wanted more they would have to do a hard pull. I said ok, in the hope that they'd give me a grownup sized CLI, and I'd wind up on a different track with these folks. So they did the hard pull, and gave me an additional $1000, and I was hoping that I was now out of the $300 rut.

I pulled the luv button yesterday, and guess what I got today Smiley Happy

I'm stuck at the kid's table in their house.

It's ok, most of the fun takes place at the "kids table!" Lol

FWIW, Congrats!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 7 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, so true Grill! Oh the days at my grandpa's Smiley Happy

Congrats SJ, its not much but at least it gets you $300 closer to where you want to be. Maybe since they see you have alot of other cards , credit, they might feel they arent wanted/needed?. I understand they like to be your one true luv but hopefully they get off the high horse and give you some high lovin Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats anyway SJ even if it is another small CLI. It's gotta be new accounts or INQ's or somtthing along those lines that's causing the lower CLI's. Score and income should put get you some big jumps. I've gotten two $500 CLI's since getting the card in April and have had a huge jump in TU. In my case I'm sure it's INQ and new stuff that slowing my Discover growth. 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.