Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another Chase Amazon Prime card CLI

tag
LADave
Established Contributor

Yet another Chase Amazon Prime card CLI

Yowza. After seeing @Crowhelm's Chase Amazon Prime Auto CLI post, I decided to take a look at my Chase account, and saw my limit was bumped 2.25X, from my SL of $2,000 to $4,500!

Some DPs:

After getting more familiar with Chase Ultimate Rewards points and how that could benefit me in the future, I've decided to deepen my relationship with Chase in hopes of eventually getting more cards with them, particularly a Sapphire Preferred and/or a Freedom Flex. I'm currently in 6/24 jail until at least November, but I'm aware that they sometimes grant exceptions for their better customers. In hopes of becoming one of those "better customers," I opened a checking account with them last month after getting an offer for a $225 bonus and a minimum of 2% cash back (instead of a minimum of 1%) for using the Prime card through the end of the year.

Truth be told, I was hoping for a CLI to at lest $5K. That would make the Prime card my highest limit card, and potentially help with getting a C1 Venture X, since they presumably look for history managing a card with that limit. But I'm happy to take $4,500! That makes it equal to my WF Active Cash, which was my highest limit card before Chase matched it.

I've had the Prime card since late August 2021, and I've always put at least a few hundred dollars worth of spend on it every month, paying it off before the due date. And since opening the checking account (and getting the extra cash back), I've been putting most of my spending on it, so far nearly $1,000 in the last month.

I'm sure that all these factors, plus my increasing credit scores and income, played a part. I also supsect that my hitting my 6 month anniversary for the card triggered a CLI review.

(I sure could have used the higher CL when I purchased a MacBook Pro from Amazon back in December! The CL on the card was too small to handle it, and I actually used the WF card. Chase told me they wouldn't be able to do a CLI unless they did a HP, and I decided at the time that it wasn't worth it.) 

Current income is $53K. My FICO8 scores are:

EQ: 702

TU: 704

EX: 707 (just went up 11 points today)

I haven't received an email yet from Chase, so I suspect the CLI may be less than 24 hours old.

I'm going to celebrate my awesome Chase CLI by not putting any new purchases on the card for at least the next 2 hours. 😂

15 REPLIES 15
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Yet another Chase Amazon Prime card CLI

haha congrats on the CLI!

Message 2 of 16
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 3 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice surprise for you, grats on it!!

Message 4 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Amazon auto-CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 16
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! 

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
4/1/24 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $152,300

Message 6 of 16
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your increase!

Message 7 of 16
Have1
Regular Contributor

@LADave  Congratulations on your Auto-Magical CLI! 

It must be the season of love at Chase:  I just downloaded my March statement and noticed an auto CLI from $6,000 to $8,000 had taken place.  I got my Chase Amazon card in September '21 so your six month review theory is sounding plausible to me.  My FICO 8 scores are EX 701/TU 694/EQ 728 for the data hungry.

Message 8 of 16
HeavyResist
Frequent Contributor

mazel tov on the CLI @LADave 

Message 9 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Chase CLI Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.