Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Down With CSP? Yeah You Know Me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

You Down With CSP? Yeah You Know Me!

So thanks to all the help and info in this forum I went from being in heavy credit card debt to being approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred! 

I applied via an invite from forum member ram8704 and was instantly approved for $7500 and was able to call in during my activation and get it pushed up to $9000. They did mention they would have to pull another fresh report to do this. I haven't seen the alert yet for that INQ, but I'll update if I see it hit my report.  APR is 23.99 (originally was 23.74% but the prime rate went up.) I PIF via statement balance. 

At the time of applying my UTIL was under 30% on every card and 19% overall. I believe they used my Bankcard 8 score with Experian which is 715. The reason I figure this is that I also applied for an Ink Business Preferred and was denied for too many apps at the same time for Chase (was the only other app besides CSP). The denied letter came with my score which matched my bankcard score. I'm going to go after IBP later this year as it will be easier for me to hit the bonus with the end of the year spending I will be doing. As far as my current TL you can check my sig and hover over the cards to view the CL for those. Those were the numbers at the time of applying. I am also under 5/24.

Let me know if you guys have any questions I may not have answered here.

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: You Down With CSP? Yeah You Know Me!

Congrats welcome to the CSP club!!!
Message 2 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy nice title, had me singingSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice op! When I saw the title, I thought you were AJC!  Lol

Message 4 of 21
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

oh great, now that song is stuck in my head...LOL..

Congrats on the approval!
Message 5 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol Justa, i tried for some sort of snazzy congrats but must be my Sunday bluesSmiley Wink. OP hit it out of the park.

C IS FOR CREDIT, S IS FOR SAPHIRE, THE LAST P WELL THATS NOT SO SIMPLE.....Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

gratz! i've had my eye on it for a year but i refuse to be stuck with 23 % apr.  I went for venture 13.99%

Message 7 of 21
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't that like going and charging up $10,000 worth of goods and not paying the bill?  Chase Sapphire's Property?

Message 9 of 21
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

What TF did chase expect to learn pulling your report twice in the same hour? For a 1,500 increase?? Seriously?Smiley LOLsmileylol:

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.