cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know you had a good app spree when....

tag
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Re: You know you had a good app spree when....

My $40.00 wallets tend to last me about 10 years.  Fossil,Dockers etc....  $600.00 for a wallet??  LMFAO.....  

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

seriously? 600 for a wallet? lol you can find me at walmart buying the cheapo fako leather 13 dollar wallet.  They do the same thing keep the cards nice and neat in my pocket!

+1,000,000.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 32 of 37
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

I use my sapphire for everyday, but I might be changing after I get the US Bank Cash+ since I found out I don't have AR reports keeping me from getting it just too many recent inquiries. and after I get platinum checking with Cash+ it should be a everyday card at 1.5% cash back for everyday purchases Smiley Wink

Are you planning on paying the monthly fee for Platinum Checking, or keeping $25K average credit/loan balance?   They pay a horrible 0.05% interest, so there is a price to pay for doing that!  But if you get enough rewards, the 50% bonus can overcome this.

Message 33 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

lol i used to think the samething, but after you used one for a while it's pretty damn nice, but looking at the design and the feel etc it's a very solid wallet (it better be for that price.) it's like comparing a Lexus to a Ford imo. Fords are cheaply made and death traps, the Cobra mustang was voted the number 1 car you'll probably die in. Over powered under engineered pos.

Sometimes you can find a good wallet that'll hold up, but with paying higher price you'll always have quality. This wallet doesn't even have a mark on it and used for backpacking through Vietnam and every day working and sitting on it etc, if I just flatten it out I could resell it as new shouldn't be a problem (if it didn't have my initial in it lol)

besides having prime credit cards and cheap wallet makes me feel sad lol, kenneth cole isn't a bad name but the wallet feels like a toy rag that holds cards comparingly to the LV, the cards don't even fit in perfectly. In the LV the cards fit snug, easy to pull out, keeps securely and cleanly in place without worries.

They do have the old style design for $350 but I kinda don't like the ones that scream out LV LV LV LV LV all over the place. In the Kenneth Cole when I open my wallet the leather is so soft and flimsy I had a stack of bills just fell out of my wallet trying to open it, which was kinda embarassing -_-; 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 34 of 37
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

The last time someone said "Wow. look at how nice HIS wallet is.. He must be ballin."  was the day God came down for eveyone to see him..... 

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

@mtrsprt wrote:

The last time someone said "Wow. look at how nice HIS wallet is.. He must be ballin."  was the day God came down for eveyone to see him..... 

lol did you look at the wallet? if I wanted someone to notice I had an LV I would've bought this 

and not the one I bought

Even in person it's hard to make out that it says Louis Vuitton on the bottom right, also as it ages it's harder to distinguish the checkered pattern so it just looks like a simple wallet. The wallet is solid, feels great, does its job better than any other wallet I've ever had. It just looks and feels premium and VERY durable. Like I mentioned I went backpacking all through Vietnam and had this in my back pocket through everything. most $10-20 wallets brokes apart within 6 months for me. This still looks and feels brand new.

I decided to give Kenneth cole a try after great reviews on Amazon, and saw the functions that I wanted, but it's just not the same. but hey don't knock it til you try it. If you do you probably wouldn't want to go back. It's like one of those features in a car. I live in Florida and said WHY THE HELL DO YOU NEED BUTT WARMERS IN FLORIDA? when my friend bought a car with heated seats, but I gotta admit on the rare days it gets cold you REALLY enjoy the damn things lol! 

If you guys think that's bad I'm about to pay around $700 for a toilet seat!

1. It's heated seats

2. it shoots water lmao

3. it has a dryer

4. it'll save on toilet paper

5. self cleaning

6. deordorizer built in so your **bleep** don't stink up the place ! lol 

7. it opens and closes automatically.....

but hey I'm buying a house with 4 rooms and 1 bathroom (2nd bathroom is not finished) so I don't look forward to sharing the bathroom after someone went to go back a poo, but that's just me Smiley Tongue

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 36 of 37
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Any wallet recommedations? Smiley LOL Please post links and/or pics. Thanks in advance!

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.