Re: amex cli- no IV

Congrats on your sweet AMEX CLI 👍🏼

Message 15 of 16
brk1971
Frequent Contributor

Re: amex cli- no IV

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all!

Just sharing my experience. I've been with amex since 2017 and have 4 personal cards total with them. Always PIF and pretty much use my BCP as an every day card, running around 2500 per month through it. Hit my six month mark and applied for a CLI, went from 27k to 37k instantly. I thought that I had read that 35k was almost always going to trigger IV but somehow I've bypassed it, luck I guess lol. Anyways, scores are around 720-730 on my bureaus and 150k available credit at 4% utilization for those who are curious. Huge thank you to everyone on this forum, has helped me for years.

Any chance you work for an employer that uses an outsourced payroll processor? (e.g. ADP, Onesource)

I recently requested / recieved a CLI from Amex ($41.8k -> $50k) and they already had my current / recently changed income pre-populated in the request form for me to verify or edit, and it's a different amount from the last time I updated it directly with them, which was a couple years ago. I am all but certain that they subscribe to TWN (or a similar service) that actually does IV behind the scenes... 

Fico8 = EQ 779, TU 802, EX 771 (6/22/2022), util = 6.5% ish
INQ in 12 mo: EQ 4, TU 4, EX 7
Cards: NFCU: Flagship VS $45k, Plat $24.3k, Plat $10.7k | Amex: Delta Reserve $50k | Citi: DC WE MC $28.8k | Discover: It $22.5k | Barclays: Juniper $15.25k | USAA: PCR VS $15k, RA $5k | UMB: SR VS $15k | PenFed: Path VS $20k, Plat Rew VS $15k | Synchrony: Lowes’s store $25k | Truist: Bright $10.5k, Bright $6.5k | Cap1: Venture1 Plat MC $10.3k, Kohls store $3k | Comenity: MyCash MC $17.5k | Wells Fargo: AC $10.3k | TD Bank: Target MC $6k (Reports as retail card despite now being MC) | BoA: CCR VS $30k | Affinity FCU: Premium VS $25k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.