Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex delta gold approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex delta gold approval

decided to jump on the 60k offer since today is the last day, I already have an EDC at 1500 and a PRG NPSL..Approved for a whopping 1000.00  amex is such a joke with limits. oh well if this limit doesn't grow within the first year i'm taking the points and bailing

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex delta gold approval

@Anonymous wrote:

decided to jump on the 60k offer since today is the last day, I already have an EDC at 1500 and a PRG NPSL..Approved for a whopping 1000.00  amex is such a joke with limits. oh well if this limit doesn't grow within the first year i'm taking the points and bailing

Congrats!

A great deal of members start at that limit.  It does grow, read the CLI posts on this forum to learn how to do the 3x CLIs.

Message 2 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations! And what @c00mtg said!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Give it time and it will grow Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

In just 14 months, it's possible to grow that card to a $27,000 credit line! (3x1000=3000, 3x3000=9000, 3x9000=27,000)

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats if you know Amex you know they grow, there is no need to be upset. Dv

Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approval. My take is if you are going to say Amex is a joke with their limits, which going off from what ive read here , in the grand scheme of things, they arent, you should add some backstory and or datapoints to back it up.

There are plenty here here who have huge limits throughout their profile but with certain lenders dont receive same treatment and i can understand their being upset.

But if you are someone with a rebuilding profile or other issues in your profile that might be reason for low limits. How does your profile look if you dont mind adding. Thanks. Its just as stated, Amex can grow and not too many lenders can 3x your limit every 6 months.
Message 7 of 12
dallas01
New Contributor

i can tell you I was approved for the same amount a couple months after BK 13 discharge. They wouldn't cli due to the bankruptcy.  6 Months after having the card I clicked on the Platinum Card for 70k miles and it said pre approved. I applied and  it was an instant approval for 6k.. I also applied for the Everyday Cash prefered and was instantly approved for another 6k. I've been very happy with them in my rebuild process..

Message 8 of 12
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I've seen folks start with $500 CL.  Now the same person has a $12,000 starting CL and the 3rd card with AmEx.  It takes time to develop the relationship.  AmEx is an excellent company.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I first got in with Amex, this is the card that I got in with. My SL wasn't that much higher than yours ($2500). I actually have never requested a CLI for this card, they have been steadily auto CLI'ing me every so often since I've had it. Show them some loyalty and some spend, and they will reward you in return.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.