Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex everyday &navy cash rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex everyday &navy cash rewards

I went to amex pre approval site , since im still on a high from my chase approval the other day and 3 offers popped up. I chose the amex everyday and was approved for 500( credit steps program)  and then went to navy and received a 10k approval. I'm so stoked! Im seriously going to baby these cards because Im finally out of the credit one lenders and on to better whoop whoop!!

honestly, dont know my scores bc on credit karma I have 590, navy 586, and on chase around the same. BUT I have a chase checking, I am an AU on Amex, and I have a Navy secured card and checking. ( opened a $50 certificate today). which I'm sure the relationship with these lenders are my reason for approval but im going to pay down things and pray chase doesnt close my account. And hopefully this time next year I can have an approval for a home loan. 

With chase cc what do they like to see? high use and pay in full or carry a balance? Good experience banking with them but nervous about the cc side after researching today. 

Now Im going to go celebrate with a glass of iced tea. 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex everyday &navy cash rewards

Congrats on your approvals!

The rebuilding journey is sometimes long.....but so worth it if we stay the course!
Message 2 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your run of approvals there! Like with the Chase card just use your cards as normally you would use your credit cards. If possible PIF before or after the statement whichever works for you and you'll be good. If you have to carry a balance temporairly pay at least several times the minimum stated that way you don't show any behaviors of financial trouble.

Good luck on your credit journey and fingers crossed for your future home purchase!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals , very nice SL they gave you NFCU with your score !!!

Message 4 of 8
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on working your way up!!!!  @VoltronM that gif gets me everytime. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and rebuild so far. I would suggest paying multiple times in a month and PIF if you can, let a small balance report every now and then.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the awesome approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.