Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

...and back to the garden I go!

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

...and back to the garden I go!

After a very successful stroll outside of the garden fence, its time for me to return...

NFCU, 3X CLI and a 2nd card.  Smiley Happy

Lost my Kays account in the transition/lack of use...had to reapply and take the HP for a new account.  Thankfully, we WERE able to save DW's account.

Care Credit has been on my list of wants for awhile, so I picked that up while out strolling...

...and took the HP hit for a CLI on my Home Depot card.  (4k to 10k)  Smiley Happy

For those keeping track, nearly $30k in new accounts/credit limits.

When all of that hits my credit reports, my cranberry will drop from 75%ish to 50%ish.    Not quite to the 100k club, but over 90!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: ...and back to the garden I go!

Congrats!  And from experience, selling your Ocean Spray stock should give you a very nice score boost.  Not as much as owning less than 30% of the company, but a boost nonetheless.  And I have to say that I'm jealous about the HD CLI.  I sat at my starting line of $1250 for years and took numerous HPs and they wouldn't budge!  Thanks to this forum, I got a $17k Lowe's card (now $35k) and closed the HD card.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!

I hope to be there some day. I tried to hang out in the garden but got the boot for doing a SSL without a HP. I thought gradening was about not incurring HP's but I was wrong.

I'm sure you will hit that 100K mark soon. Keep up the good work

Message 3 of 23
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Welcome back to the Garden. I think AJC has some extra hoe's. 

Great job!!! 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 4 of 23
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats!  And from experience, selling your Ocean Spray stock should give you a very nice score boost.  Not as much as owning less than 30% of the company, but a boost nonetheless.

LOL!  Just rough math so far, but I think that I'll need to sell another 2% or so to get under that magical 49%  line...  Oughta be able to do that the old fashioned way in 30 days or so...  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 23
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope to be there some day. I tried to hang out in the garden but got the boot for doing a SSL without a HP. I thought gradening was about not incurring HP's but I was wrong.

Gardening is about avoiding HPs and not opening new trade lines.  You are welcome back at any time.  We like to say that it's an open door policy, but as you can tell from certain people like @tcbofade and myself, it's sometimes more of a revolving door policy.

Message 7 of 23
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gardening is about avoiding HPs and not opening new trade lines.  You are welcome back at any time.  We like to say that it's an open door policy, but as you can tell from certain people like @tcbofade and myself, it's sometimes more of a revolving door policy.

*coughs* I prefer the escape tunnel...

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 23
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HEY!  I resemble that remark.  Smiley Tongue

Gardening WORKS!  I recently completed more than a year in the garden...took a stroll outside of the fence, promptly returned and did another 90+days....  no idea how long I'll garden this time, but I won't leave without a goal.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Adkins wrote:

*coughs* I prefer the escape tunnel...

Ewww it's so dirty in there.  I love how this can still totally be on-topic since garden is right there in the title of the thread.  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.