Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclay rewards card

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

barclay rewards card

was approved for barclaycard with a 1300 limit on saturday. I have read on here that barclay is very good with recon and curious if that would be true even if you were on the "edge" of being approved would like to request higher limit.....2 years bost chapter 7, had capitol one secured card (300) 2 years good standing, capitol one platinum(500) 1 year good standing 28% utilization. I am thinking i would be best just to leave it alone and let it grown in time!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: barclay rewards card

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your approval and yes Barclays is good with reconning CL's. If you feel that your profile warrants reconsideration, then give it a try. However, based on your current CL's it seems they were generous.
Message 2 of 5
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

thats exactly what i was thinking, the limit they initially gave honestly shocked me

Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sometimes it's best to go with your gut. From all appearances, you have a nice starting CL and if you use the card properly - you just be rewarded again with a CLI.
Message 4 of 5
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I agree with the other repsonders.  Get the card and use it well, see what happens in 6-7mos.  That's when many say the review for an auto CLI.  If you don't receive an auto CLI, you can request one, but it will probably be a hard pull.

Congrats on the card!  If you just want to accumulate points for cash or gift cards they can amass quickly with this card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.