Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

big Discover CLI & AMEX CLI

tag
luxlight
Regular Contributor

big Discover CLI & AMEX CLI

If any of yall have been following my journey, you'd know its been a slow but steady ascent Smiley Happy. Honestly just felt like it had been a while so i went to discover's credit line increase page, put in my info and got approved for a $1k increase bringing my line to $6k now. My scores have been slowly increasing ever since i started my journey. my fico transunion score was 730-740 and my experian was 745. I don't have a fico for equifax but its probably around 740 as well. Suprised though as i got a much higher limit from AMEX BCE before discover but with this increase, my discover barely just got over my AMEX. New dis limit is $6.4k

Edit: I got itchy and decided to go to AMEX for a CLI and they gave me almost triple what discover gave me for a CLI rip. Guess discover can't match but im now much closer to a $10k limit now. New amex limit is $8.8k

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: big Discover CLI

Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
parzivalmx
Valued Member

Re: big Discover CLI

Wow nice one! Discover is my lowe right now, but it was my first card and they gave me a 1k CLI when I graduated from secure.

US Cards

Mexico Cards
Message 3 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: big Discover CLI & AMEX CLI

Congrats and Congrats !!

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Great increases. Might be time for an app spree.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, LL. With your solid scores more CLIs are sure to come. 

Message 6 of 9
luxlight
Regular Contributor

😂 I’m thinking about it but there’s no other card that really entices me atm. Maybe the chase freedom but I’ve got most of my bases covered

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 7 of 9
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Nice job.

Message 8 of 9
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@luxlight wrote:
😂 I’m thinking about it but there’s no other card that really entices me atm. Maybe the chase freedom but I’ve got most of my bases covered

Congratulations!!! Smiley Happy  Yeah, that Freedom card will give you another rotating 5% quarterly category!

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.