Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one approval

tag
murat533
Established Member

capital one approval

i have a currently cap 1 secured card with $200 limit.I opened this account back in november.Now I m trying to get an unsecure cap 1 card but they won't approve me.They won't even pull my credit and it says ''recent application''.It has been 3 months already.What should i do?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one approval

@murat533 wrote:

i have a currently cap 1 secured card with $200 limit.I opened this account back in november.Now I m trying to get an unsecure cap 1 card but they won't approve me.They won't even pull my credit and it says ''recent application''.It has been 3 months already.What should i do?

6 months in between applications. Can't apply for another account within 6 months of opening one.

This will probably get put in the credit card forums.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's 6 months between apps now.
Message 3 of 9
murat533
Established Member

Cap 1 never used to be like this.I had cap 1 before.
Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Unfortunately, things seem to have changed with Cap One. If you got your secured card in November, maybe try again in April or May?
Message 5 of 9
murat533
Established Member

Which one should I try?Platinum or Silver one?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@murat533 wrote:
Which one should I try?Platinum or Silver one?

Thats up to you.

The Platinum has no annual fee. (No rewards)

Quicksilver One has an annual fee($39). (Rewards Card)

Message 7 of 9
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Get the Platinum, then in two months you can PC it to the QS with no annual fee.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Murat.  Cap 1 now requires six months between credit card approvals. You have to wait another three months or so. 

Edited to Add: I'm a little a late on this. When I first clicked, it didn't show that there were any other posts. Sometimes my computer acts funky. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.