Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase auto increase experience

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: chase auto increase experience

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

I'm using my Freedom heavily and pif before the statement cuts but still no auto cli.

I took a hp on Nov, and raised it's limit by 2k. 

I'm hoping my heavy usage and pif on time helps me get the CSP in the future if i happen to recon for it if i'm not instantly approved. 

when did you open the card? Your scores are similiar to mine so Im hoping they'll give me one. What was your initial CL?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 21 of 25
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Opened mine on 06/12 with 500 cl. Auto cli to 1k at 3 months and i requested a cli at 6 months to 3k.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 22 of 25
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

I'm using my Freedom heavily and pif before the statement cuts but still no auto cli.

I took a hp on Nov, and raised it's limit by 2k. 

I'm hoping my heavy usage and pif on time helps me get the CSP in the future if i happen to recon for it if i'm not instantly approved. 

when did you open the card? Your scores are similiar to mine so Im hoping they'll give me one. What was your initial CL?

I opened mine on April 2012. My inicial limit was 1000 but it was my first PRIME card since i only had two secured cards. I used it often and decided to ask for a cli on Nov 2012 (7 months). I asked for 3k but was denied so i recon and was instantly approved for it. 

If they deny you don't worry and recon. I'm sure they'll give it to you. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 23 of 25
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

A lot of the automated increases reporting from Chase seem to be from people who have very low limits (below 2000). There have been people on here reporting an increase with a limit over 10000, but that seems more rare. A person claiming to be a Chase credit analyst on Fatwallet claimed that Chase's system looks at every account every six months and will give an increase if everything is good. I have never received an automated increase.

It happens at higher CLs too. I got an auto-CLI from 18k to 25k on my United card after only 3 months. I run about 10k per month through that, so I'm sure usage played a part.

Im trying to put as much through it as possible to show them that I need the increase and spend to match it. Not much, 1k would be fine for now. I just pif last friday then charged $486 to it, had to wait three business days before I could make another payment, then pif, followed by $450 in charges that Im waiting again until thursday to pif and start the vicious cycle all over again lol

Im hoping when they see this in March it would make sense that I can handle the CLI and not only that, but It would really make things a lot easier for me.

Just so you know, you don't need to wait 3 days to make a payment.  You can "push" a payment from your checking account, or if you have a Chase checking account, you can also do a balance transfer from checking to credit card.  Both of these techniques will bypass the three days between payments. Just an FYI.

Chase gave me an auto CLI on my Hyatt card after 3 months.  (From $16.6k to $23k with about $2-3k spending each month)  It has been over five years with no CLI on Freedom.  My situation is different, because it is not mall limits, but shows that Chase can be strange and treats different CC products differently.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 24 of 25
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

A lot of the automated increases reporting from Chase seem to be from people who have very low limits (below 2000). There have been people on here reporting an increase with a limit over 10000, but that seems more rare. A person claiming to be a Chase credit analyst on Fatwallet claimed that Chase's system looks at every account every six months and will give an increase if everything is good. I have never received an automated increase.

It happens at higher CLs too. I got an auto-CLI from 18k to 25k on my United card after only 3 months. I run about 10k per month through that, so I'm sure usage played a part.

Im trying to put as much through it as possible to show them that I need the increase and spend to match it. Not much, 1k would be fine for now. I just pif last friday then charged $486 to it, had to wait three business days before I could make another payment, then pif, followed by $450 in charges that Im waiting again until thursday to pif and start the vicious cycle all over again lol

Im hoping when they see this in March it would make sense that I can handle the CLI and not only that, but It would really make things a lot easier for me.

Just so you know, you don't need to wait 3 days to make a payment.  You can "push" a payment from your checking account, or if you have a Chase checking account, you can also do a balance transfer from checking to credit card.  Both of these techniques will bypass the three days between payments. Just an FYI.

Chase gave me an auto CLI on my Hyatt card after 3 months.  (From $16.6k to $23k with about $2-3k spending each month)  It has been over five years with no CLI on Freedom.  My situation is different, because it is not mall limits, but shows that Chase can be strange and treats different CC products differently.

Oh thanks, I didnt know that. I actually opened up a chase account to help my chances. switched my DD as well and thats why I normally would do OLBP but my money is with them now, so I thought I had to wait.

Will transfer now Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.