Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase or something else - update: approved

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

chase or something else - update: approved

appolgies in advance as i will prob end up rambling 

Well its been awhile, but im ready to reap the rewards of good behavior. i need that new card smell.  I am fairly certain all my past misdeeds are in the past by at least 10+ yrs now- lates/defaults/chargeoffs ect but never filed for BK-, and anything negative has been off my reports for at least 3 or 4 years now, i am 800+ across the board... i am considering going for CSP but im on the fence, for 2 reasons, 1- i was def black listed from them before for a charge off- applied a few yrs ago for a freedom and got the letter due to past neg exp w/ us... 2- i have some larger ticket purchases coming up(tires, pt and possibly new bed) and while i could pay for them outright i rather not and was thinking about looking for something w/ a 0% for 12 or more months as the intro rate.  as opposed to doing any store card that i wouldn't use beyond those purchases.

But i do want to add a decent travel card at some point and would like to get a free flight every now and then,  and the CSP seems to fit the bill, just not sure if points exp? i like some of the other benifits of lets say the amx plat. but i am not willing to poney up that kind of annual fee nor do i want to turn it after the 1st yr to not pay it

i see my options as

1- apply for CSP and be done w/ it put at least one of the larger purchases on it to help meet the min spend to get the sign up bonus and my barclay card is always giving me 0% for 12-18 months bal transfer options

2- dual app for CSP AND FREEDOM  and instead of bt w/ barclay and use the freedom for the 0%

3- open to suggestions the other option i see is captial one, but i did burn them in the past as well so dont know 

curent profile is 800 across the board, no baddies, no inquires or new accounts, ult is around 4%, avg age is 7 or 8 yrs-

signature isn't upto date but for major banks i currently have amx bce, barclay rewards mc, discover, - store/other care credit, kohls, amazon store card

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: chase or something else

Does Chase show you any prequals on their site?

Do they solicit you mail or email?

Chase can have a decent memory

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 17
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

No to both but i have all 3 reports frozen which is most likely why. I assume @wost case it will be instant denial and no actual pull unless i recon.
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 3 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Chase will pull even if blacklisted
Message 4 of 17
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
Chase will pull even if blacklisted

Been there, apped that, swallowed the HP

OP unfreee your reports and try the prequal site. No HPs done for prequal unlerss you pull the trigger

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 17
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

i unfroze did the prequalify site but didn't return anything so i pulled the trigger anyway, got the under review message and they will let me know when as soon as possible,  called the app status number and it just says will get something via mail within 30 days,  they did pull TU so ill give it till monday and see where it goes, i suspect i will have to recon it, and if i do will prob get the min limit Smiley Sad oh well i thought it was long enough and my scores high enough for it to not matter oh well,  any tips for recon- basically i was young and dumb but have seen the error of my ways 

Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 6 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

How much did you burn Chase for and how long ago? You mentioned a previous declined application that cited the previous negative relationship.
Message 7 of 17
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

i dont recall exactly but i think it was in the range of $600-$2000  and the 2k is def on the high end,  and funny enough i think it was a Trump branded card lol, as for the age it was prob back around 06 or 07

Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 8 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Gotcha. Well, if denied you can definitely give reconsideration a try. Keep in mind that the 'young and dumb' reference isn't probably the best thing to use when addressing previous credit issues, especially if the lender took a loss whether it was $600 or $2K.

Use a better approach that demonstrates your current financial discipline, overall credit profile, why you want the product/relationship, what you learned from the previous situation and go from there.

Good luck!
Message 9 of 17
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

The only other thing i can think of is if they say i have too much available credit but i dont see my lines as exorbitantly high.-updated sig- if they bring up past negative relationship i may see if they can elaborate just so i have the specifics but im certain it was at the latest of 07 but prob before as i can access my reports going back to 14 on here and no chase accounts are listed
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.