Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase saphire preferred approuved.... bypass 5/24rules

tag
blackfines1
Contributor

chase saphire preferred approuved.... bypass 5/24rules

i got approuved for chase sapphire preferred card .....was also approuved for citi prestige lately ( 4 new account ) and 2 amex this month so total 6 new account . got a chase checking account back in february for $200 bonus and was thinking about closing it because  no usage. zero balance.  preapprouval offer nothing show up. Amex take 1 to 2 month to show  on credit report , so my 2 amex has  not reported yet. i pull the trigger on chase preferred and bang 11k. data point exp 15 inq, 720 fico , 6 new account now 7. average annual 1.6

11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: chase saphire preferred approuved.... bypass 5/24rules

Congrats. Does the 4 new accounts other than the 2 Amex include 4 credit cards? I ask because 6 new accounts in a month centered around a Chase approval is very dangerous. They like to sp ones account to ensure no credit seeking , as evidenced by many recent threads, snd have been known to close said account(s). Hope the card sticksSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats. Does the 4 new accounts other than the 2 Amex include 4 credit cards? I ask because 6 new accounts in a month centered around a Chase approval is very dangerous. They like to sp ones account to ensure no credit seeking , as evidenced by many recent threads, snd have been known to close said account(s). Hope the card sticksSmiley Happy

+1

Yep, OP, if I were you, I would be walking on eggshells right about now regarding that Chase approval. That is a lot of new cards opened in such a short period of time and Chase doesn't take to kindly to that type of behavior. And, IMHO, you should not close the Chase checking account. As you said, you got the bonus and now you don't need them anymore. I don't think Chase will be happy with that turn of event either. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@blackfines1 wrote:

i got approuved for chase sapphire preferred card .....was also approuved for citi prestige lately ( 4 new account ) and 2 amex this month so total 6 new account . got a chase checking account back in february for $200 bonus and was thinking about closing it because  no usage. zero balance.  preapprouval offer nothing show up. Amex take 1 to 2 month to show  on credit report , so my 2 amex has  not reported yet. i pull the trigger on chase preferred and bang 11k. data point exp 15 inq, 720 fico , 6 new account now 7. average annual 1.6

Congratulations on the approval; however, I must warn you, tread lightly; very, very lightly on applying for this number of cards in a month or even a 6-month period.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on what I've gleaned from this board, the LAST thing you should do right now is close your Chase account (if you want to keep the Chase Sapphire Preferred card). In fact, if I were you, I would start making regular deposits into it for a while. As others have said, Chase is infamous for shutting down their credit cards after approval based on behavior occuring around the time the card was approved. There are many threads on that topic; you should review them just to have the information.

Message 5 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval! As others have said, be really careful with your credit for awhile now. Chase won’t want to see any new applications anywhere. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! and make sure to read The Above responses!!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

👍 congrats on the approval.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! And as the others have said, be really careful with more credit applications over the next few months because Chase has been known to take AA with anyone they deem credit-seeking. Definitely don't close the checking account, as that might just make matters worse. Hope your approval stays the way it is. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

instant-win.jpg

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.