Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi CLI

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Re: citi CLI

Honestly I dont think there is a specific timeline. My wife has had a card with them for two years $0 Balance and everytime I have clicked it I get the form. Her scores and CLs are better than mine.

Message 11 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@R3DLINE wrote:

Hello all, 

I applied for a CLI on my citi card that was opened 1/28 and recieved a 7-10 day notice.... will this count as a HP or SP?

I applied online

Sounds like a HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 17
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

If you click the LUV button and it gives you the form. It is a hard pull. Sometimes they will just preapprove a CLI without a HP. If you get the form and fill it out its a HP.

That is not always the case. Last month I requested a CLI on my Forward and the form came up. I filled it out (they always state a hard pull may be done) and it came back stating I can have $800 (SP) or if I wanted to request more I can continue with a Hard Pull. I think Citi is just a luck of the draw. Sometimes HP sometimes SP. I think Discover, Chase. and Amex are the most transparent with HP/SP. Chase is almost always HP, Discover will let you know beforehand (although I never get anything from them) and Amex is SP from what I gather. 

Message 13 of 17
zeusta20
Established Contributor

I'd call the backdoor number!

I called them up back in march, (opened my Citi TY Preferred in July 12') and asked the rep, "I wanted to see if it was possible to get a CLI using a SOFT pull. I don't want it to be a hard pull because I don't want it to show up on my Credit Report." She stated that she'd check and told me that she was able to increase it 2k more and anything more than that, they would have to check my credit report.

So I'd definitely recommend calling the number since that online link is a little tricky at times. From what others had said though, you do have to have the acct for at least 6 months though.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 14 of 17
bribro
Valued Contributor

I was able to increase the CL on my Citi Dividend card from $25k to $50k using the online CLI request. It took about 10 minutes between the request and receiving the email confirmation saying that it was approved. When submitting the request they did give me a warning that they may pull my credit report, but no signs of an HP just yet. I'll report back if an HP does hit.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 15 of 17
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:

I was able to increase the CL on my Citi Dividend card from $25k to $50k using the online CLI request. It took about 10 minutes between the request and receiving the email confirmation saying that it was approved. When submitting the request they did give me a warning that they may pull my credit report, but no signs of an HP just yet. I'll report back if an HP does hit.

it appears Citi is VERY generous with CLI on World Eilte MC's!!! B/C not too long ago i was sure that my  15K CLI request would be denied but it was approved. I wonder how high Citi is willing to go?

Message 16 of 17
bribro
Valued Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

@bribro wrote:

it appears Citi is VERY generous with CLI on World Eilte MC's!!! B/C not too long ago i was sure that my  15K CLI request would be denied but it was approved. I wonder how high Citi is willing to go?

Citi stuck me with a CLI after all, just saw it on pop up from one of my credit monitoring services. Oh well, that's to be expected and at least they approved me for the amount I asked for.

I agree, Citi is pretty generous with CLs. They gave me my first revolver with a $1k limit while still in college with almost no credit history and a paltry work study salary. That was almost 8 years ago though when credit was easier to come by.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.