Re: citi double cash approval

Message 11 of 36
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
March 2024: Experian 762; Equifax 767; Transunion 769

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 04/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (2) Trans: (1) Equif: (1)

Message 12 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval OP.

Keep in mind that if you request a CLI once you're in receipt of the card will incur a HP. They will not repurpose the HP from your approval.

Personally, I'd wait until you build some history with Citi and then your account should be eligible for a SP CLI at some point.
Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: citi double cash: Update Approved

Congrats on the approval!

Message 14 of 36
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: citi double cash

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for citi double cash but with high APR

Hello all, I was recently approved for the citi double cash card but have a high interest rate of 18.74%. Is there any way I can call citi and ask for a lower APR? Has anyone had any success in doing this?
Message 16 of 36
forestgreenrover
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for citi double cash but with high APR

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all, I was recently approved for the citi double cash card but have a high interest rate of 18.74%. Is there any way I can call citi and ask for a lower APR? Has anyone had any success in doing this?

Relative to the card, it's really not all that high though and in fact 18.74% is almost as low as you can get for the DC. In any case, in order to really make the card sing and grab that extra 1% CB, APR needs to be irrelevant anyway. In other words, this isn't a card I would carry a balance on unless you take the 18-mo BT offer (which I am btw) at 0%.

Recently I had a conversation with a Citi CSR that claimed they review accounts twice per year for APR reduction eligibility. Given that CLI eligibility is every six months once you get your first, it would make sense. I've never heard of anyone getting an APR reduced right out of the gate with any lender, but maybe it happens.

AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, PSECU Founders Visa Sig 30k, IKEA Projekt 28k, NFCU CashRewards 28k, Macy's AmEx 25k, NFCU More Rewards 24.5k, PNC Cash Rewards Visa Sig 20k, PNC Core 20k, Lowe's 17k, Overstock.com 16k, NFCU Plat 15.3k, FNBO Visa 12.3k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Citi DC 11k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PayPal 2% 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, BBVA Clear Points 9.5k, Amazon Store 8k, Discover it 7.9k, PenFed Power Cash 6.25k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, J.Crew 4.5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, Citizens Cash Back+ 3.8k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, BB&T Spectrum CR 3.5k, WF Cash Wise 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, WF Propel 2k, BECU Visa 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 QS 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval , whats your SL !!!!

also can you provide some DP

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!  What is your SL? 

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

My SL is $3,000
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.