cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi double cash: Update Approved

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Established Member

citi double cash: Update Approved

Hey Guys. I just applied for the citi double cash card for the balance transfer offer online but was not instantly approved. I got the dreaded we are still reviewiing your application message. It says we may post a decison within 24 hours. We'll be in touch approximately 7-10 days with a decision. Should I be worried?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Regular Contributor

Re: citi double cash

Based on the other threads I read the last hour, its still better than receiving an immediate denial.

I also got the same 7-10 message for the Citi Premier card. From what I understand, a majority of the users got lucky and were approved. A few were denied if they had too many new accounts/INQ recently.

BofA Cash: 6k
Citi Premier: 5k
Citi DC: 4k
Chase Amazon: 4k
Cap1 QS1: 1.5k
Barclays Uber: 0.5k

Next App in: Late Oct 2019

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 2 of 33
Established Member

Update. So I called this morning and just had to verify that it was me who applied. After that I was approved immediately for $3,000. Not a lot but I’ll take it. Atleast I got my foot in the door with citi bank.
Message 3 of 33
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval. Always a relief after the 7-10 days message which plays mind games Smiley Very Happy

Do you mind sharing your data points like oldest age of account and number of accounts opened in last 6 and 12 months?

BofA Cash: 6k
Citi Premier: 5k
Citi DC: 4k
Chase Amazon: 4k
Cap1 QS1: 1.5k
Barclays Uber: 0.5k

Next App in: Late Oct 2019

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 4 of 33
Established Member

Oldest Age of account is 3 years old. I’ve opened 3 new accounts in the last 6-12 months.
Message 5 of 33
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

It could be an approval. I just read another post about someone who was approved after getting the pending message. Good luck!

Discover It: 18.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 4.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 6 of 33

Congrats on your new card OP and welcome to the board.
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 7 of 33
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Welcome to the board and Citi Family

3-2019 / Fico 8 EX 802 , EQ 803 , TR 805
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 8 of 33
Established Member

citi double cash approval

I was approved for the citi double cash card, but with a low credit limit of $3,000. Is there a number I can call to try to get a human to give me a higher credit line rather than a credit line that a computer generated? Has anyone had success doing this?

Message 9 of 33
Established Contributor

Re: citi double cash approval

@Matthew1996 wrote:

I was approved for the citi double cash card, but with a low credit limit of $3,000. Is there a number I can call to try to get a human to give me a higher credit line rather than a credit line that a computer generated? Has anyone had success doing this?

First, Congratulations on your approval!  I think there is a list of backdoor numbers on a thread here you could use. 

Message 10 of 33