cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi double cash: Update Approved

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.

Re: citi double cash approval

Grats on the card and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 11 of 30
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
April 2019 Current Scores: Experian-644(+6)
TransUnion-650(+19)
Equifax-662(-4)
Goal for 2019: Scores of 675 all across the board.
Gardening until End of 2019

Cap One (PCed to Quicksilver 7/20/18) $500
C1 Quicksilver One $1.6K
DiscoverIt Chrome $1.5K
Walmart Store Card $500

Cards I Want: Amazon Store Card, Paypal 2%, CareCredit, Capital One Savor

Total Utilization: 19%
Baddies: 2 (One falls off in Nov 2019)

Message 12 of 30

Congrats on the approval OP.

Keep in mind that if you request a CLI once you're in receipt of the card will incur a HP. They will not repurpose the HP from your approval.

Personally, I'd wait until you build some history with Citi and then your account should be eligible for a SP CLI at some point.
Message 13 of 30
Frequent Contributor

Re: citi double cash: Update Approved

Congrats on the approval!

"Give me liberty, or give me credit!" -PlasticDad

Message 14 of 30
Senior Contributor

Re: citi double cash

Congratulations on your approval!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 15 of 30
Established Member

Approved for citi double cash but with high APR

Hello all, I was recently approved for the citi double cash card but have a high interest rate of 18.74%. Is there any way I can call citi and ask for a lower APR? Has anyone had any success in doing this?
Message 16 of 30
Contributor

Re: Approved for citi double cash but with high APR

@Matthew1996 wrote:
Hello all, I was recently approved for the citi double cash card but have a high interest rate of 18.74%. Is there any way I can call citi and ask for a lower APR? Has anyone had any success in doing this?

Relative to the card, it's really not all that high though and in fact 18.74% is almost as low as you can get for the DC. In any case, in order to really make the card sing and grab that extra 1% CB, APR needs to be irrelevant anyway. In other words, this isn't a card I would carry a balance on unless you take the 18-mo BT offer (which I am btw) at 0%.

Recently I had a conversation with a Citi CSR that claimed they review accounts twice per year for APR reduction eligibility. Given that CLI eligibility is every six months once you get your first, it would make sense. I've never heard of anyone getting an APR reduced right out of the gate with any lender, but maybe it happens.

NFCU CashRewards 19.1k, IKEA Projekt 19k, NFCU More Rewards 14.5k, Huntington Voice Rewards 14k, NFCU Plat 11.8k, Wayfair 11k, NFCU CLOC 10k, Overstock 9k, Citi DC 8k, BBVA Compass CP 7.5k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, Kay Jewelers 4.5k, AmEx ED 4k, Disco it Miles 2.5k, Disco it 2.4k, J.Crew 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 Plat 1.75k, WF Cash Wise 1.5k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k, AmEx Gold Delta 1k, AmEx BCP 1k, BP .8k, Amazon .7k
Message 17 of 30
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval , whats your SL !!!!

also can you provide some DP

3-2019 / Fico 8 EX 802 , EQ 803 , TR 805
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 18 of 30
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!  What is your SL? 

Message 19 of 30
Established Member

My SL is $3,000
Message 20 of 30