Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied Barclay with a TU score 684-Update Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

denied Barclay with a TU score 684-Update Approved

From my research, it seemed I should have been accepted for a Barclay credit card with my TU score of 684.  But that didn't happen.  I've been able to increase my score about 35 points in the past month and when I got my recent alert that my TU score increased, I applied and was denied.  Smiley Sad.  Over a year ago I had some 30 day late payments, and I still have a derogatory account that I am paying off, which I guess had some bearing on the automated decision.  

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: denied Barclay with a TU score 684

Try to recon! 

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what recon means?
Message 3 of 29
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Barclay is very good with recon. Which card did you app for? You should call them 866-408-4064. They have very good reps that will look at your profile and talk with you about it.

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 4 of 29
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Recon is calling for a reconsideration of the application.

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon is short for reconsider.  When you get a denial  you call the backdoor number and speak to a customer service representative and see if they will reconsider (recon) the denial. It works too. Sometimes they deny you for the simplest of things that can be updated like and incorrect address or something like that. Give it a try. 

Message 6 of 29
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes recon and let us know how it goes , what card did you app for ? Also do you have a lot of new accts lately ? They can be sensitive to them
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the arrival + card. I spoke to a helpful rep who took some more info about my financial situation and improved payment history over the past few years. She was able to get me started with a card with $1500 line of credit. Thank you for the recommendation to call recon!
Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!!! thats great news. Congrats!!

Message 9 of 29
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Glad you called in. I think that's their hardest card to get approved for too.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.