Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fingerhut approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fingerhut approval

i just got excited over seeing a $180 credit account approval Smiley LOL then i discovered that a fitbit item was like $30 more! Smiley Sad but i'll take it, i suppose. is fingerhut good?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fingerhut approval

Congrats. Fingerhut is overpriced and kind of a rip off... that being said... years ago they gave me a card when nobody would. Use it once every 6 months, pay in full cuz APR is insane... and it will help you get some payment history and improve your scores. If you got approved for FH try the Capital One Card Selector. You may be surprised on that and get another approval. No hard pull and it doesn't hurt to try. They would be better for you as they will grow into a decent card with rewards and other benefits of a major lender.

One good thing about FH-free EQ FICO 8. Smiley Happy

Congrats again.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval. I agree with the advice given by Djgrolyos. FH may not be the best, but it is a start to help you build/rebuild your credit. 

And as was suggested, try the Cap 1 pre-qual tool. Many on this forum state their prequals are pretty solid, though there is never a "guarantee" of an approval. That can help you build your credit even more.

Message 3 of 14
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

I know some people will think I am stupid for keeping (loving) my Fingerhut card. But They been very good to me, I have had Fingerhut card for about 4 years and started out with $250.00 limit now my limit is $4747.00 Yes 4747 Smiley Happy I know that's a odd number. I really don't use it unless I buy something on clearence to keep it active. My scores are now around 730 and got some really good cards now. The reason I am keeping fingerhut my limit is kinda helps me

Message 4 of 14
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

lol I forgot to mention Congrats to you Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! It's a good card if it's useful to you. Smiley Wink Just pay PIF, on time, every month and let that starting point be your first step towards other useful cards you may have your eye on!
Message 6 of 14
recoverysauce
Valued Member

Fingerhut gave me a 2nd chance was about only thing I could get and opensky Still have this account open and every time I make a purchase the CLI by about $250 after 3 months. Congrats on Approval.

Message 7 of 14
someg33k
Established Contributor

Congrats.

If you needed this to help rebuild credit.

I had them a few years back during rebuilding phase. Just bought a couple things and paid them off right away to avoid interest. Prompty closed once I had established credit again and gotten real credit cards.

Message 8 of 14
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval.  Fingerhut was one of the first lenders that gave me credit after my chapter 7 bk.  I have used the card quite a bit and my limit sits at 1550. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They really do rock on the CLI'S as long as you use the card. I started at $200 and a year later was at $3400. It's closed now only because it is so **bleep** expensive on there. I almost kept it for the EQ FICO but it was starting to become a PITA to use it.

I agree with LOTR; If a card is useful to you it is a good card for you. Everyone is different.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.