Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first post in the forum newbie gardener

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

first post in the forum newbie gardener

Hello all!  I started my credit journey one year ago after being anti card for many years.  I had a dark 15 year period of financial stress including short sales student loans emergency expenses etc...  My family recently became much more stable and secured a home and my credit recovered.  That's when i first heard about credit card gardening.  I was VERY leary after the place i had come from but credit card debt was never part of my financial issue and i knew i wouldn't have a problem of being disciplined and paying them every month.  The only difference to my current habits would be using a credit card instead of a debit card.  Soooo i aimed high and went for the CSP first.  Holy cow approved with a 24k limit!  I followed the research and applied for the Freedom....BOOM 10k limit!  I waited six months and applied for the capital one venture.....WOWZA 30k limit.  So that's where i sit today.  Three powerful travel cards  - two with annual dues.  I think I'll hit the expense requirement on the capital card then cancel before next year.  Any suggestions what to do next?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: first post in the forum newbie gardener

Welcome, new myfico member! It sounds as if you were able to acquire some very nice cards. Congratulations and now is the time to garden and not apply for more cards.

There is a garden club here on myfico, and the garden club thread is located in the main "Credit Cards" section. It's a great place to visit with others who are gardening and planning their goals, and the support everyone provides to each other helps the members stay in the garden. Smiley Happy

Others on the forum may also be able to comment how you can maximize having both CSP and Freedom, as those two cards can work together to maximize your points. I don't have either card, but someone else may be able to best respond to how you can do so. Smiley Happy

Have a great weekend!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: first post in the forum newbie gardener

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the Chase and Venture approvals !!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.