Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gf's BofA CLI-Soft Pull data point

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

gf's BofA CLI-Soft Pull data point

Constantly talking to my gf about all kinds of churnings and credit card benefits, my gf decided to use her credit card as much as she can and push the CL in order to gain a larger CL. As I told her I used to have a $9200 CL on my CR and constantly maxing out the limit and was able to overlimit to $18000 without interruptions during a vacation late 2016(that's 200% usage, paid in full and eventually got $18000 CL in later months without a HP)

Yesterday as she was shopping for a Gucci bag, which costs $3500. She decided to pull the trigger and tested if she was able to go overlimit on that card. Tested unsuccessfully, but got an instant phone call from the fraud department. However, when she asked if it's possible to increase a CLI and asked if that would be a hard pull.. The rep said she didn't know as she was in fraud department, however she could try to submit a CLI request..And here's the magic comes in..a $2500 -->$6000 CLI without a HP in either TU/EQ/EX..

Just trying to share a data point:

She had her first secured credit card BofA Cash Reward- April 2017- with $1000 initial CL

This BofA CR came out of secured with new CL $2500 April 2018- but with a AF $39- which the AF surprised me....AF for CR?lol

Apped and approved Saks Store Card with $2500 spending limit in May 2018.

2% UTL- always pay in full.

740+ across the board.

Did BofA start using SP for CLIs?

Btw, any overlimit data point? to push the CL? Appreciated

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: gf's BofA CLI-Soft Pull data point

Congrats on nice CLI !!!!

Message 2 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

I read about this but couldn't really confirm... But I'm giving a shot to request for $50K on my CR later month and see if it's SP or not.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

Nice CLI! Thanks for the data. Cat Happy

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not sure what makes me speechless more a $3500 purse or you going 9k over your limit back in the daySmiley Wink. That seems like it would scream fraud if you tried that today, as evidenced by your GF's attempt. Congrats on sp increaseSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol..that was just my way to push an auto-CLI from BofA without a HP..since they don't charge over-limit fees..

i read the thread about the SP CLI from BofA.. pulled the trigger yesterday.

CR: 18K->35K, (50K attempted, counteroffered)

TR: 13K->24K 

Message 8 of 11
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Constantly talking to my gf about all kinds of churnings and credit card benefits, my gf decided to use her credit card as much as she can and push the CL in order to gain a larger CL. As I told her I used to have a $9200 CL on my CR and constantly maxing out the limit and was able to overlimit to $18000 without interruptions during a vacation late 2016(that's 200% usage, paid in full and eventually got $18000 CL in later months without a HP)

Yesterday as she was shopping for a Gucci bag, which costs $3500. She decided to pull the trigger and tested if she was able to go overlimit on that card. Tested unsuccessfully, but got an instant phone call from the fraud department. However, when she asked if it's possible to increase a CLI and asked if that would be a hard pull.. The rep said she didn't know as she was in fraud department, however she could try to submit a CLI request..And here's the magic comes in..a $2500 -->$6000 CLI without a HP in either TU/EQ/EX..

Just trying to share a data point:

She had her first secured credit card BofA Cash Reward- April 2017- with $1000 initial CL

This BofA CR came out of secured with new CL $2500 April 2018- but with a AF $39- which the AF surprised me....AF for CR?lol

Apped and approved Saks Store Card with $2500 spending limit in May 2018.

2% UTL- always pay in full.

740+ across the board.

Did BofA start using SP for CLIs?

Btw, any overlimit data point? to push the CL? Appreciated

Congrats on your gf’s new CL and new Gucci purse! 

Yes all BoA CLI requests are now SPs so no harm done! 

So next time your GF gets tired of her Gucci and decides to go for a Birkin then you’ll know it’ll just be a SP CLI away!! Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 11
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations to her 😊😊
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.