cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%

Whoa!!  Hold Up.  Wait a Minute!!

 

Very nice!!

~~~Rebuilding Score History~~~
Starting Ficos: EX 541, EQ 493, TU 523 (07/02/2016)
Latest Ficos: EX 659, EQ 696, TU 739 (02/24/2018)
1st Goal Ficos: EX 700, EQ 700, TU 750 (12/31/2018)
~~~Credit lines~~~~
BofA Platinum Plus: $2000
Capital One Platinum: $500
Discover It: $10,500
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $6400
Home Depot: $500
BofA Cash Rewards: $1500
Lowe's: $1000

My Credit Rebuild


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 31
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%

My card arrived today, so those of you who also successfully applied last weekend should see your cards soon.  There are brief instructions with the card on where to go to set up your online account.

 

One minor caveat, if you don't click on the Terms and Conditions hyperlink before submitting the account information you will get an obscure error message. 

 

My first impression was that the website ispretty basic and slightly cumbersome to navigate.  Nothing I couldn't live with.

(8/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 793 (TU) 808 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 822 (TU) 827 (EQ) 844

$900K+ club
Message 22 of 31
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%

Hello is this a regional bank or is it available nationwide? Please forgive my ignorance but is aviancia the name of the bank or just the card?
Thank you
Message 23 of 31
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%

 

Avianca is the national airline of Columbia, they are a Star Alliance member and the provide service between the US and cities in Columbia and Central America.  The Vuela card has the Star Alliance logo on the right front.

 

The card issuer is Banco Popular de Puerto Rico,  they operate in the mainland US as Popular Community Bank and still have a bunch of branches in the Miami and New York City/northern New Jersey areas.  They also participate in the Allpoint network, so cash advances are possible nationwide.

 

(8/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 793 (TU) 808 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 822 (TU) 827 (EQ) 844

$900K+ club
Message 24 of 31
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%


@coldfusion wrote:

Your credit card has been approved!

Product
Avianca Vuela Visa
Line Amount
$ 50,000.00
APR
14.99%

 

They supposedly pull TU but I haven't received any automated alerts of a new HP yet.

They have the reputation elsewhere of being generous with SL.   The APR is the lowest they offer on the card.


@I literally applied 20 minutes ago.  Had to answer two separate I.D.  verification rounds and surprisingly at the very end had to upload a recent pay stub.  I did all that to be told it needed review.  Went to bathroom to brush my teeth but before I could start, received an email alert and there was an email with subject: YOUR NEW CARD.  Opened the email.....  approved 22800 @ 15.24%.  Less than half an hour!!

Message 25 of 31
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%

@coldfusion I completely missed this thread.  Congrats to you and everyone else approved.  Not that I want to leave the garden, but I notice at the very beginning of the terms that it says:

Must have earned LifeMiles from flying Avianca Airlines or an airline included in the Avianca partner network or have been a previous LifeMiles credit cardholder to apply.

Am I reading that correctly that this means I couldn't apply if I had chosen to earn SkyMiles on Delta or FlyingBlue on Air France or KLM (those and many other SkyTeam airlines are Interline Partners), but only if I had credited those flights to my LifeMiles FF account?

Message 26 of 31
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%


@K-in-Boston wrote:

@coldfusion I completely missed this thread.  Congrats to you and everyone else approved.  Not that I want to leave the garden, but I notice at the very beginning of the terms that it says:

Must have earned LifeMiles from flying Avianca Airlines or an airline included in the Avianca partner network or have been a previous LifeMiles credit cardholder to apply.

Am I reading that correctly that this means I couldn't apply if I had chosen to earn SkyMiles on Delta or FlyingBlue on Air France or KLM (those and many other SkyTeam airlines are Interline Partners), but only if I had credited those flights to my LifeMiles FF account?


No.  I completely signed up for their LIfeMiles program seconds before I began the application.  I received my number, entered it and began the app.  As a matter of fact, there is an incentive once you join LifeMiles to apply for the Credit Card and if approved, you receive "tokens of approval appreciation."

Message 27 of 31
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%


@skyblushep wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@coldfusion I completely missed this thread.  Congrats to you and everyone else approved.  Not that I want to leave the garden, but I notice at the very beginning of the terms that it says:

Must have earned LifeMiles from flying Avianca Airlines or an airline included in the Avianca partner network or have been a previous LifeMiles credit cardholder to apply.

Am I reading that correctly that this means I couldn't apply if I had chosen to earn SkyMiles on Delta or FlyingBlue on Air France or KLM (those and many other SkyTeam airlines are Interline Partners), but only if I had credited those flights to my LifeMiles FF account?


No.  I completely signed up for their LIfeMiles program seconds before I began the application.  I received my number, entered it and began the app.  As a matter of fact, there is an incentive once you join LifeMiles to apply for the Credit Card and if approved, you receive "tokens of approval appreciation."


This was exactly what I did.  Applying for the LifeMiles program only takes a few minutes and your number is issued immediately. 

 

 Avianca is a Star Alliance member, though,  not a SkyMiles partner.  There were talks a couple of years ago of Delta acquiring Avianca but the deal fell through. 

(8/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 793 (TU) 808 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 822 (TU) 827 (EQ) 844

$900K+ club
Message 28 of 31
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%


@coldfusion wrote:

 Avianca is a Star Alliance member, though,  not a SkyMiles partner.  There were talks a couple of years ago of Delta acquiring Avianca but the deal fell through. 


They're Star Alliance, but they codeshare with Aeromexico and are Interline partners with all other SkyTeam alliance members except China Eastern, Czech, Garuda, Kenya, Middle East, Saudia, TAROM, Vietnam, and XiamenAir.

Message 29 of 31
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: instant approval for Avianca Vuela Visa - $50,000 sl @ 14.99%


@coldfusion

Yes.  I had to go through getting a code texted to my cell phone and then 2 pages of multiple choice security questions as part of the application process, but it was an instant approval.

 

I wish this was the standard practice... would make it a LOT more difficult for someone to open credit in your name.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.