Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

marathon gas card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

marathon gas card

I was approved 2 weeks ago for a Marathon gas card and got the 7 to 10 day notice. after sending in proof they approve me for a $250 limit but I'm curious if anyone knows of them pumping up the limitstairs at any point? Thank you for your response.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
lownav67
Established Member

Re: marathon gas card

With this Comenity card you can probably expect a very small CLI every 4-6 months.

I had the card transfer to Comenity when Marathon gave them their card portfolio a couple years ago.

My limit at transfer was $1000.

I believe over the last couple of years it has gone from $1000-$1300-$1500-$2000 with increases about every 6 months or so.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!! Those limits for a gas card? I'm ecstatic to hear they would raise it that much. Do you constantly use it and carry a balance or has it been dormant and they still increase it? My scores are mid 6's so I was only hoping for them to double it at most. Lol
Message 3 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Yes with Comenity, the increases can be more frequent.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 12
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow!!! Those limits for a gas card? I'm ecstatic to hear they would raise it that much. Do you constantly use it and carry a balance or has it been dormant and they still increase it? My scores are mid 6's so I was only hoping for them to double it at most. Lol

Give them a couple of months of good payment history and they will be good to you.  My score was 641 when I was approved years ago.... no app online, I had to send it in snail mail. After waiting two weeks I called and from the sound of the CSR's voice it seems like they hadn't even reviewed the app.  After a 10 minute hold she came back with a $500CL.  This is when gas was almost $4.00 a gallon and I drove a gas guzzler. 8 months after approval they gave me an auto CLI up to $900 were it stands now. That is plenty for me with gas around $2pg. Now if you have a family with several cars..............  BTW, Comedity is BK friendly with store cards but not so much with their Visas.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they do raise your limit. I was using this card regularly then stopped, several months went by and got a letter stating they raised the limit. As others said, usage and good payment history Comenity will be nice.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent used mine in almost a  month (BP rewards are much better at the moment), and they sent me an email yesterday telling me that they missed me...LOL!!!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!!! Lol.
Message 8 of 12
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I havent used mine in almost a  month (BP rewards are much better at the moment), and they sent me an email yesterday telling me that they missed me...LOL!!!

Awwww BlkCivic... wish Comenity missed me enough to give me a Marathon Visa... much better rewards than the regular card.  I have a BP Visa and I agree much better rewards at the moment.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Marathon gas card 12/13.  Received my first CLI six months later.  I believe it was $250 or $300.  After that  first  increase, I have requested credit line increases exactly 2 months and 1 day after the last, with each CLI of $500.  After I reached $3K the CLI's stopped.  Very generous CLI's with this card.  Congrats on your new card!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.