Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfcu small cli

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

nfcu small cli

After waiting 6 months from last cli went today from 15k to $17,500 I wonder why such a small increas last increase was from $500 to 15k

is it possible it's because the recent AR was done on Experian and it shows my 19 months old bk
The previous AR was on equifax and it does not show my bk ? Was hopping to get the full 25k this shot
Fico score 675
Income $130.000
Zero utilization available credit is $120.000

To be able to get in the future a second card with nfcu do u need to have the first card with a 25k cl ?
Waiting to get in sep the Amex

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: nfcu small cli

Maybe at your max limit right now? But though a "small" $2500 increase, its a cli , sp probably, and more than many have, including myself. Im still amazed at people getting these big limits within 3 to 6 months, without having to really create years of history, and it seems never enough. Sorry Op, its not you, just a trend i see with Navy approvals and limits.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:

After waiting 6 months from last cli went today from 15k to $17,500 I wonder why such a small increas last increase was from $500 to 15k

is it possible it's because the recent AR was done on Experian and it shows my 19 months old bk
The previous AR was on equifax and it does not show my bk ? Was hopping to get the full 25k this shot
Fico score 675
Income $130.000

To be able to get in the future a second card with nfcu do u need to have the first card with a 25k cl ?

Could be...or you could be approaching the most they are willing to give you at this point in time. Also to keep things in perspective...17.5K is a great credit line. And there's room to grow still!

No, I got a 2nd card even though my first one was "only" at 14,000. Went for the CashRewards and was approved for 14,500. If approved for a second one I think they match or exceed your first card. 

Message 3 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I agree it sounds that you have reached Max exposure with them right now , congrats though any CLI is a good one
Message 4 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I would gladly take a 2500 CLI from them right now lol
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not too bad imo! From $500 to $17,500 in only 9 months. Can't beat that! Not many lenders out there that do those kind of bumps!

Message 6 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes a 17 K jump in CL is absolutely amazing 😉 don't get too caught up on the small details , it will grow more with more time
Message 7 of 15
kugel
Valued Contributor

Aduke I am happy with what I have can't complain
I Wish u luck to get your increas with nfcu 

Message 8 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks Kugel
Message 9 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kugel wrote:

Fico score 675
Income $130.000

First, congrats on the CLI. Honestly, it is an awesome increase! 

Second, is this 0% untilization across all your credit cards. If yes, a big no, no. At least have one card reporting a minimum of 1%/maximum 9% for maximum scoring.

Third, I found for NFCU, if one spends large amounts and make huge payments, the CLIs are larger. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.