Did you mean: 

oh my pigs do fly - Discover CLI

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: oh my pigs do fly - Discover CLI

@Remedios wrote:

@CreditCuriosity  Congrats! 

I haven't tried since last increase, I'll wait till December then ask for another 0% apr. If they do that, I may park some money there.

Otherwise it's a no go. 

@Remedios ya still have no bt offers i am baffled by that one... havent had one in at least 9 months now or so.  Why?  No idea...  everyone else seems to have them other then yourself and me lol.  I have better cards for bt's, but curious why i havent had one well basically forever

Message 21 of 35
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Just an FYI ..I have had no BT offers in quite a while.

Message 22 of 35
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@CreditCuriosity  Congrats! 

I haven't tried since last increase, I'll wait till December then ask for another 0% apr. If they do that, I may park some money there.

Otherwise it's a no go. 

@Remedios ya still have no bt offers i am baffled by that one... havent had one in at least 9 months now or so.  Why?  No idea...  everyone else seems to have them other then yourself and me lol.  I have better cards for bt's, but curious why i havent had one well basically forever

Nope, no BT offers. I think they disappeared in April or May. 

I have no clue why. 

I'm not even sure why it bothers me, but it does 

Message 23 of 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Drives me nuts as well and dont know why as have better cards for BT's, but just cause i dont have them it puts me in major OCD mode..  Just makes me despise them more than i already do Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 35
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Well has been about 6-9 months since my last discover CLI,  I mesh that button about once a week and typical no soup for you.  Hit it today and expecting a denial or a 500 CLI they actually gave me a $2500.  still very cheap and no more love for them as still one of my lowest CL's, but i will take it.  TU .> 800 bringing my discovercard to 17,500..  I have had to combine cards and claw over years to get this more reasonable line although still wont use it other than 5% cats as have better BT offers when needed etc.  Just a DP . tempted to call in and take a hp on TU and try to get it up to 30-40k but doubt discover would be that generous with the amount of credit i already have.

Nice bump @CreditCuriosity!! I've got quite a ways to get mine up to $10k but it's always promising to see they're still giving out some cash! 

Message 25 of 35
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Your rhyming title was very tasteful. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 26 of 35
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Congratulation’s on your CLI. Wow you hit the luv button once a week? That’s very interesting to hear. Well my last increase a month ago brought me up to 10k of which was my highest until Citi caught wind. And brought my Citi DC just a smidge above Discover at 10,300. So I wonder if discover will compete for the lead in a few days when I mash that luv button again.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 27 of 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:
Congratulation’s on your CLI. Wow you hit the luv button once a week? That’s very interesting to hear. Well my last increase a month ago brought me up to 10k of which was my highest until Citi caught wind. And brought my Citi DC just a smidge above Discover at 10,300. So I wonder if discover will compete for the lead in a few days when I mash that luv button again.

yep one a week as they waste my time I will cost them postage Smiley Happy.  Sillly they send out denials by letter vs. emails on CLI request they certainly could save a bundle implementing that simple solutions, but discover has never made sense.  Ya they aggrevate me beyond belief for various reasons so I try until I get and this last time took me approx 9 months.  Dont know if you dont try it is a SP so not harming me at all

Message 28 of 35
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity 

Question:

Have you ever had a csr tell you when would be a better time to ask?  I was told a particular date to wait; post one year.  Just wondering.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 29 of 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@GApeachy wrote:

@CreditCuriosity 

Question:

Have you ever had a csr tell you when would be a better time to ask?  I was told a particular date to wait; post one year.  Just wondering.

Not their CSR's they are actually nice, but they have no power or knowledge they just read off the screen and have no real power at discover.  Computers do everything their no human can overturn anything with discover.  I find talking with CSR's a waste of time.. Now if I can get a true UW on the phone which you can't with Discover although they might say they are, they really arent then I will speak to them such as Chase or Barclay's etc or BofA, etc where they actually have some power to overturn a computers decision

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.