cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

...ok, NOW I Enter the Garden (BB&T Bright Approval)

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: ...ok, NOW I Enter the Garden (BB&T Bright Approval)

Congrats on the new card and Welcome Aboard the BB&T Express @difringe!! I wasn't sure if it had died off, we went like 2 days without an approval lol Did you go thru the prequal option or did you cold app? I wasn't sure as you mentioned you were possibly expecting a HP.

Message 11 of 24
difringe
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

did they use fico score system 8 or if they used their own internal scoring system ?

I haven't gotten anything in the mail or via e-mail yet, so I don't know...if I get anything, I'll update this.

Message 12 of 24
difringe
Established Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Congrats on the new card and Welcome Aboard the BB&T Express @difringe!! I wasn't sure if it had died off, we went like 2 days without an approval lol Did you go thru the prequal option or did you cold app? I wasn't sure as you mentioned you were possibly expecting a HP.

I did it through the prequal option, but I've never gotten a new card without an HP, so I'm just expecting one so I can be pleasantly surprised if I don't get one lol

Message 13 of 24
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@difringe wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

I did it through the prequal option, but I've never gotten a new card without an HP, so I'm just expecting one so I can be pleasantly surprised if I don't get one lol

Yea normally the only banks I know that would issue a new card with no HP are Amex, and even thats been questionable recently. If you did it thru the prequal you should be golden. I did mine, got the card, its reporting the account, have made a charge and completed a payment -- still no HP Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 24
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 15 of 24
difringe
Established Contributor

So just a little update after dealing with these ppl lol

1. They sent the card to an incomplete version of my address, so they had to cancel that card and overnight me a new one (so now i've got a random closed account that was around for less than a month)

2. When I got the card I couldn't set up my online account bc 'my information hadn't fully populated through their system,' which is just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's 2019.

3. But wait, there's more. You can't do your balance transfers online, you have to call in, which is just absurd to me. The first time I called in they failed to verify my identity (which is hilarious since I answered every question truthfully lol) but when I called a second time, they didn't even ask me any of the verification questions Smiley Frustrated

That said, soft pull for a card with a 15 month 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases is probably worth the headaches. Will see how easy it is to get CLI in the near future. 

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@difringe wrote:

1. They sent the card to an incomplete version of my address, so they had to cancel that card and overnight me a new one (so now i've got a random closed account that was around for less than a month)

2. When I got the card I couldn't set up my online account bc 'my information hadn't fully populated through their system,' which is just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's 2019.

Yuip, I had #1 happen and #2 was an issue for 24 hours because they freeze online access for 72 hours after shutting down a missing account.  I probably could have logged in still if I had any other products with them.

I escalated the issues I had with them to the VP of Credit Products and got a response the other day from a Sr Analyst that said the address issue was my fault because they sent out the card w/o the "unit xxx" on the end it ends up in a random mailbox in the building.  I posted the escalation info on the backdoor thread as well for future people to find.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! 😄
Message 18 of 24
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the new card! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@difringe wrote:

3. But wait, there's more. You can't do your balance transfers online, you have to call in, which is just absurd to me. The first time I called in they failed to verify my identity (which is hilarious since I answered every question truthfully lol) but when I called a second time, they didn't even ask me any of the verification questions Smiley Frustrated

I was able to do a BT online. I had to wait a few days after I had received and activated my card before it was available, and it's a pain in the neck to find -- click on the card, click on "manage account" (I think), then find "transfer a balance" in a sub-menu there, but it is available. I transferred $1,500 from a higher interest card over and the payment went through lightning fast -- the whole transaction cleared in two business days.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.