Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oops i didnt mean to do it Savor1

tag
padme
Established Contributor

oops i didnt mean to do it Savor1

Ooch, i didnt mean to do it. just wanted to 0% for 15 months. lost of inquires, 2 new cards this month. Amazing 1k limit. yeah 1k. shouldve went for the main savor, but didnt want the fee, just the 2% grocery card. already have 48k here too. not sure if im maxed out, but havent got a CLI in years, even then, it was only 500 on the QS1 card.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: oops i didnt mean to do it Savor1

@padme wrote:

Ooch, i didnt mean to do it.  

Many of us share those last words...   Congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, you can always combine the account with another.  I did that for years with Capital One to get useable limits.  It's ridiculous that they operate that way, but they do.  They want three HPs for each new account, and they put an account combination link right inside of your account management.  They do this on purpose IMO.  Instead of limiting people with a 5/24 rule, they hand out very low limits, and a combination button.  If you want a $50K limit with Capital One you can get there, $1K and 3 HPs at a time. LOL

edit: typos

Message 3 of 7
padme
Established Contributor

some were saying, it was hard to get the prime savor under 750's, which i dont have. was gonna transfer the last venture to the venture one, but ill close it and send 25k to the savor1. just got a 2nd Discover and a 2nd Navy this month too. So im very happy. low 700s.

Message 4 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, you can always combine the account with another.  I did that for years with Capital One to get useable limits.  It's ridiculous that they operate that way, but they do.  They want three HPs for each new account, and they put an account combination link right inside of your account management.  They do this on purpose IMO.  Instead of limiting people with a 5/24 rule, they hand out very low limits, and a combination button.  If you want a $50K limit with Capital One you can get there, $1K and 3 HPs at a time. LOL

edit: typos

Capital One does have some type of 5/24 type of rule, although nobody really knows specifics. They rarely approve people with a lot of recent card openings, at least as of this year or so. They used to be much less strict.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right about that.  They certainly do have some kind of 5/24 rule going on right now.  I'm surprised there's no data on it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.