Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

path to Apple Card graduation tomorrow - UPDATE: Apple Card approval

tag
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

path to Apple Card graduation tomorrow - UPDATE: Apple Card approval

6 months ago before i knew i would be able to get some awesome personal and business cards i tried applying for the apple card. i was denied but i was put into their "path to apple card" program with a graduation date of 12/6/22. Honestly i have a lot of apple products iPad iPhone Macbook Pro Apple Tv Apple Watch (i know im a bit excessive) . Seeing as the graduation date snuck up on me and its tomorrow , I would like seem feedback .

I honestly expect them to offer me $500 dollars just becuase i acquired so many new accounts since last spring/summer. Do you think its worth it to accept such a small limit and hope that i can grow it so i can purchase apple products using the apple card in the future? OR should i just not even bother at this point ,based on all the cards I have in my signature? 

I appreciate the help. 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: path to Apple Card graduation tomorrow

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

6 months ago before i knew i would be able to get some awesome personal and business cards i tried applying for the apple card. i was denied but i was put into their "path to apple card" program with a graduation date of 12/6/22. Honestly i have a lot of apple products iPad iPhone Macbook Pro Apple Tv Apple Watch (i know im a bit excessive) . Seeing as the graduation date snuck up on me and its tomorrow , I would like seem feedback .

I honestly expect them to offer me $500 dollars just becuase i acquired so many new accounts since last spring/summer. Do you think its worth it to accept such a small limit and hope that i can grow it so i can purchase apple products using the apple card in the future? OR should i just not even bother at this point ,based on all the cards I have in my signature? 

I appreciate the help. 

Have you tried reapplying and see if they have a offer for you? It doesn't kick you out of path if you're rejected, idk about it you're accepted and don't take it 

I wouldn't take an offer under 2k though with your profile, considering it'll be 180 days for a CLI

do you also happen to see the $75 SUB right now for the apple card on CK perhaps as well?

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 14
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

no hard pull Apple Card approval

they offered a pretty solid limit much more than the 500 i expected and for what i would use the card for (computer and/or yearly phone)  i accepted. Have my transunion frozen so no hard pull! 

This will be my last personal card i get in 2022. I have 1-2 personal cards planned for 2023 & Chase in 2024 (and business cards whenever I can). Cheers!

Business Cards:

Message 3 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: no hard pull Apple Card approval

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your 🍎 Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 4 of 14
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@cashorcharge thank you !

Business Cards:

Message 5 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

they offered a pretty solid limit much more than the 500 i expected and for what i would use the card for (computer and/or yearly phone)  i accepted. Have my transunion frozen so no hard pull! 

This will be my last personal card i get in 2022. I have 1-2 personal cards planned for 2023 & Chase in 2024 (and business cards whenever I can). Cheers!

Congratulations on your Apple Card approval! What credit limit did they give you?

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 14
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@CreditAggie thank you and 3k

Business Cards:

Message 7 of 14
GZG
Valued Contributor

Congrats! 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 8 of 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 14
Cali_King
Valued Member

Congratulations on your Apple Card Approval! 

“What’s in your wallet?” - Samuel L. Jackson

Apple Card SL $2000 | $8500
Capital One QS SL $300 | $6700
Capital One QS SL $300 | $4600
Chase Freedom Unlimited SL $3700 | $7500
Chase Sapphire Preferred SL $5000
Credit One Platinum SL $300 | $1150
Credit One Platinum SL $500 | $1150
Patelco Pure SL $3000 | $13000
Verizon Visa SL $4000 | $12000
X1 SL $17000 | $13800
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.