cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"What's another hard pull?" - Citi Custom Cash $3,800 SL + $300 CK SUB - Approved!

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: "What's another hard pull?" - Citi Custom Cash $3,800 SL + $300 CK SUB - Approved!

Congratulations on your CCC approval

Message 21 of 51
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

Re: "What's another hard pull?" - Citi Custom Cash $3,800 SL + $300 CK SUB - Approved!

@CreditAggie wrote:

Well, I WAS going to garden until next year, but the $300 CK SUB on the Citi Custom Cash was too good to pass up. I had been skeptical about my chances of approval due to being 1/6 and 3/12 on EX inquiries and new accounts, and Citi has been an EX puller for me and is known for being inquiry sensitive. But that then had me thinking, "What's another hard pull?" So I open CK, find the offer, log into my Citi account, tap the button, watch the wheel spin, and...

Approved!Approved!

I was instantly approved for a $3,800 SL and 19.99% APR. I'll take it! As I had predicted, Citi pulled EX, which is a 753 on the credit card disclosure. I have crossed off another goal card from my list and got an awesome SUB to go with it!

Back to the garden I go, for real this time! Smiley LOL

Wow, congrats on the approval and the $300 SUB.  Kinda surprised a new card like that raises their SUB that quickly. Guess my wife and I applied too early. lol. 

Message 22 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat for your approval! Nice!

Message 23 of 51
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Yasselife wrote:

@CreditAggie

🎉 Congratulations! 
Do you know the Citi rules for approval? My last inquiry/acct is 3 months old, Do I stand a chance?

the $300 sub can come handy for sweeping off the little debt I have left.

Thank you @Yasselife ! My last inquiry was one month ago, so if that is your only inquiry in the last 6 months and only have 2-3 in the last 12 months, then you likely have a decent chance of approval depending on the rest of your profile.

@Crash_Log wrote:

Congrats! Woo hoo! 

Thank you @Crash_Log !

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your CITI Custom Cash Approval.

Thank you @Rebuild2019 !

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 24 of 51
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Congratulations on your Citi Custom Cash approval!  That's awesome!  As someone who is currently 11/24 (and was at one point 11/12 too), I know all too well about the inquiry dilemma, should I wait or just go for it?😂 Sometimes the offer IS just too good to pass up! Again congrats! 

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

Congrats @CreditAggie ! & I love the yolo attitude!! 

@firefox100 wrote:

Congratulations on great new card and awesome sub. I know it is hard to stay in the garden, I hope the 300 dollar sub stays around for time want to get a new I phone next year that would help big time.

Thank you @Jordan23ww @Doodlebug30 and @firefox100 ! I'm usually not one to make YOLO moves in the credit world, but an elevated SUB on a goal card with a decent chance of approval? I'll take the hard pull!

Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 25 of 51
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Citi CC approval 🥳

@Remedios wrote:

Congrats on your new card 

@coreyb80 wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

Thank you @Anonymous @Remedios and @coreyb80 !

Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 26 of 51
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congratulations on your CCC approval

@Crowhelm wrote:

@CreditAggie wrote:

Well, I WAS going to garden until next year, but the $300 CK SUB on the Citi Custom Cash was too good to pass up. I had been skeptical about my chances of approval due to being 1/6 and 3/12 on EX inquiries and new accounts, and Citi has been an EX puller for me and is known for being inquiry sensitive. But that then had me thinking, "What's another hard pull?" So I open CK, find the offer, log into my Citi account, tap the button, watch the wheel spin, and...

Approved!Approved!

I was instantly approved for a $3,800 SL and 19.99% APR. I'll take it! As I had predicted, Citi pulled EX, which is a 753 on the credit card disclosure. I have crossed off another goal card from my list and got an awesome SUB to go with it!

Back to the garden I go, for real this time! Smiley LOL

Wow, congrats on the approval and the $300 SUB.  Kinda surprised a new card like that raises their SUB that quickly. Guess my wife and I applied too early. lol. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrat for your approval! Nice!

Thank you @M_Smart007 @Crowhelm and @Anonymous !

Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 27 of 51
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@CreditAggie Let me start over:

I added 3 accounts in 12 months, 1 loan and 2 cards, but all 3 accounts have not pass the 6 months mark: loan being 5 months old and cards 4 & 3 months old.

Seems like waiting 6 months from my last app is right. 
   In your opinion, how am I looking and how would you plan on getting the citi cc with my data?

I am 4/24 accts

inq: ex 3, tu 2, eq 2

scores: mid 700s... clean

Message 28 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the W! Thats a sweet sub for sure. im working on spend right now to get my $200

Message 29 of 51
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Yasselife wrote:

@CreditAggie Let me start over:

I added 3 accounts in 12 months, 1 loan and 2 cards, but all 3 accounts have not pass the 6 months mark: loan being 5 months old and cards 4 & 3 months old.

Seems like waiting 6 months from my last app is right. 
   In your opinion, how am I looking and how would you plan on getting the citi cc with my data?

I would wait at least six months from your last app. 3/12 in inquiries appears to be OK with Citi based on this experience. Of course, your experience may vary as inquiries only make up a portion of a credit profile.

Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.