Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so excited got my first amex!!!!!

tag
babypanda
Established Member

Re: so excited got my first amex!!!!!

ok thanks i will make sure to sign up!!!! i would like to purchase a house too, the sooner the better, but i'm afraid with my credit i won't be able to get a good rate and be stuck with a horrible apr for 30 years....i'm tired of throwing away $1200 for rent now and by the end of this year will be done with my car note which is another $400, so i will be able to afford about $1500-$1600 in monthly mortgage which i think is not bad as i'm looking for a 200k house, nothing too fancy, but.....i don't have any money saved for down payment or closing costs Smiley Sad .......... which is why i'm here, trying to raise my scores, get a good mortgage and save money.

Message 11 of 17
babypanda
Established Member

thank you, i will sign up for the monthly option!!! before i relied on credit karma and credit sesame Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@babypanda wrote:

thank you, i will sign up for the monthly option!!! before i relied on credit karma and credit sesame Smiley Happy

Those are still good because they give you weekly updates as to what is in your report (CK). So it is still good to know if your new account started to show up on your reports and such. But one of the best features of myfico is the credit score simulator. You can simulate just about any action, such as what is your fico score going to be if you pay off your cards tomorrow, or if you pay half of it down, what if you make on time payments for 6 months, 9 months or 2 years. And unless there are other changes thru out the time, such as a collection added, or a new account, etc, the score estimator is pretty accurate. After all this is the source of the score everyone is using. So i guarantee you it will be the best $30 a month you will ever spend, because when you see how changes effect your score, then you start acting more wisely and carefully about your credit. I have brought my scores from 500's to 700's with the help of myfico website and the community here.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Now go rack up some charges! Spend , Spend, Spend @ the mall! Just lose yourself in AMEX bliss. When the cashier says, how would you like to pay? You say: Charge it to the Caaaard!
Message 14 of 17
babypanda
Established Member

lol Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

i'm kinda scared to ask for a 3x increase in 61 days. i already feel like amex did me a favor by giving me 10k....if anything they will just deny the credit limit increase right? don't wanna be greedy and end up with a reduction considering the account is in good standing.

Message 15 of 17
babypanda
Established Member

thanks, that makes a lot of sense teaching me about becoming more responsible about spending with the score simulator...

with that 3 score monthly package, is there a button to be able to dispute a charge off directly?

Message 16 of 17
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@babypanda wrote:

thanks, that makes a lot of sense teaching me about becoming more responsible about spending with the score simulator...

with that 3 score monthly package, is there a button to be able to dispute a charge off directly?

No because technically fico does not have anything to do with your credit report. They only provide the complex formula to calculate what is in your report and translate it in to a number. Also, if you ever come to the point of disputing something, 99% of the time, a letter mailed by regular mail will always yield better results than disputing online. Been there done that.  The score simulator can almost calculate any scenario from adding a new card, to getting a cli, to filing bankruptcy and everything in between.

And for the Amex cli, if you have a $10K starting limit, i would think twice before asking a 3x cli as it will put you at $30K and amex is known to ask for FR (Financial Review) / 4506-T Nothing set in stone but it may happen. So that's one of the reasons you will see quite a few people here with Amex limits of $23K to $24900 Smiley Happy

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.