Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

son of a gun......something's up with Cap 1

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

son of a gun......something's up with Cap 1

So....seeing all the huge CLI from Cap 1 recently, I tried for one on one off my cards I've have for 7 years.......got the 7-10 message.  I've asked for CLI numerous times and denied for "too many inquiries" even when there were only one or two to begin with.    Lo and behold I logged into my account today and there it was finally a CLI.  Nothing huge like I've seen but went from 1K to 2K.   Needless to say I just put in for a CLI on the rest of my cards.  Cap 1 is evidently loosening up......they may have been losing customers to more liberal CC companies.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Re: son of a gun......something's up with Cap 1

WooHoo!!! Patience wins-great job!!!

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 2 of 24
soccer5
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Wish they would give me one lol.  I'm one of the customers that they lost, at least on one card.

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 465 TU 477
Current Score: EX 714 EQ 681 TU 727 EX Fico (PSECU) 683 EQ Fico 676 (MyFico) TU Fico (WalMart) 701 as of 6/6/2014
Goal Score: 700's
Message 3 of 24
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I don't know if there's a rush on the site or what......but just tried to log in and can't get on

Message 4 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ecxpa wrote:

So....seeing all the huge CLI from Cap 1 recently, I tried for one on one off my cards I've have for 7 years.......got the 7-10 message.  I've asked for CLI numerous times and denied for "too many inquiries" even when there were only one or two to begin with.    Lo and behold I logged into my account today and there it was finally a CLI.  Nothing huge like I've seen but went from 1K to 2K.   Needless to say I just put in for a CLI on the rest of my cards.  Cap 1 is evidently loosening up......they may have been losing customers to more liberal CC companies.

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Anyone ever think to connect the dots between their PR blunder in the new T&Cs, their statement about it combined with CLIs that were previously unattainable. I have.

Message 5 of 24
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

What happened?  What are T&C's?

Message 6 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ecxpa wrote:

What happened?  What are T&C's?

T&C Terms & Conditions

The new set they sent out contained info that they could come to your house & workplace at any time at their discretion, it created a public relations nightmare which reached epic proportions mid week last.

Message 7 of 24
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Guess I'm in the dark on that one....let them go to the wrong house.....they might not leave.......geez that pisses me.  May sock drawer them.  Some folks may burn them and then sock drawer them.

Message 8 of 24
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

A lot of folks thought the "every dam day" commercial was tasteless.......now this!

Message 9 of 24
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Gdale I have....but if it's not a direct result of that I am glad we can benefit from the generousity.  I've got a $2,000 CLI and convert over to the Quicksilver 1.5% on all purchases since they home visit PR.

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.